Rover Dangerfield is a 1991 American animated musical comedy film produced by Hyperion Animation and released by Warner Bros., starring the voice talents of comedian Rodney Dangerfield, who also wrote and co-produced the film. It is about a street dog named Rover, who is owned by a Las Vegas showgirl. Rover gets dumped off Hoover Dam by the showgirl's boyfriend. However, rather than drowning, Rover ends up on a farm.
- Directed by James L. George and Bob Seeley. Produced by Willard Carroll and Tom L. Wilhite.
- All night I'd sit up and beg, she told me I was too old to beg!
- [after attacking one of the wolves] That one's for the three little pigs!
- I guess that's my trouble, no class. I looked up my family tree, two dogs were using it!
- Hey folks! I'll never dampen your holidays! [door slams shut] No respect. No respect at all.
- Rover Dangerfield: [about playing fetch] He throws a stick, you run and get it, you bring it back and he throws it again! I don't get it! I mean, what's the point?
- Raffles: Because it makes them happy and it gives them lots of exercise
- Rover Dangerfield: If they want exercise, let them run and get it.
- Raffles: So what should I do?
- Rover Dangerfield: It's very simple. You do nothing.
- Rover Dangerfield: Where's Flappy?
- Queenie: Carmine fired him. He couldn't remember the routines.
- Rover Dangerfield: Oh, I saw that coming. Flappy was dumb. Yeah, he used to walk backwards and wag his head. I mean dumb! Carmine taught him to sit, he forgot how to stand! And when Carmine paper-trained him, that was something. He went right on the paper. The only trouble is, Carmine was reading it!
- Turkey: Let me tell you, I won't be here very long.
- Rover Dangerfield: I tell ya, the way I see it, you probably won't be around after Christmas!
- Turkey: Well, that would suit me just fine! Well, I might have known: There's absolutely nothing to eat here!
- Rover Dangerfield: Yeah? Look in a mirror!
- Turkey: Oh... I don't get it.
- Rover Dangerfield: Don't worry about it, drumstick. You will!
- [Rover attacks Rocky]
- Rocky: [kicks him off] You dirty mutt!
- Connie: Rocky, what are you doing?
- Rocky: I thought I was rid of you for good!
- Connie: 'Rid of you for good'?
- [Connie punches him in the face]
- Rocky: [furiously] What, are you taking the dog's side? Huh?
- [Rocky grabs Connie until Rover pushes him, Rover and the other dogs chase him out the door]
- Connie: Rover, NAIL HIM!
- You'll laugh! You'll sing! You'll dance! You'll sit up and beg for more!
- The dog who gets no respect.
- Rodney Dangerfield is Rover, a big city hound who trades bright lights for barnyard laughs!
- Rodney Dangerfield as Rover Dangerfield
- Susan Boyd as Daisy
- Ronnie Schell as Eddie
- Ned Luke as Raffles
- Shawn Southwick as Connie
- Sal Landi as Rocky
- Bert Kramer as Max
- Robert Pine as Duke
- Dana Hill as Danny
- Eddie Barth as Champ
- Dennis Blair as Lem
- Don Stewart as Clem
- Gregg Berger as Cal
- Paxton Whitehead as Count
- Chris Collins as Big Boss/Sparky/Horse
- Chris Collins and Tom Williams as Coyotes
- Chris Collins, Bernard Erhard and Danny Mann as Wolves
- Robert Bergen as Gangster / Animal
- Tress MacNeille as Queenie / Chorus Girls / Hen / Chickens / Turkey