Sailor Moon is a shoujo manga series created by Naoko Takeuchi in 1992 as the sequel to Codename wa Sailor V. Sailor Moon was published in Kodansha magazine from 1992 to 1997. The anime was produced by Toei and the original run was from March 1992 to Febuary 1997. Many spin-offs were created such as a live-musical series and a live-action series. She's also super cool
- 1 Anime
- 1.1 Sailor Moon (first series)
- 1.2 Sailor Moon R (second series)
- 1.3 Sailor Moon Super (third series)
- 1.4 Sailor Moon SuperS (Fourth series)
- 1.5 Sailor Stars (fifth series)
- 1.6 Episode 196: When the Galaxy Perishes! The Sailor Soldiers' Final Battle!
- 2 Games
- 3 About Sailor Moon
- 4 External links
Sailor Moon (first series)
- Sailor Moon: For Love and Justice, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Moon! In the name of the moon I will punish you! (Ai to seigi no, serafuku Bishoujo Senshi..... Sailor Moon! Tsukini kawatte, oshioki yo!)
- Sailor Moon's stock introduction
- Sailor Mercury: Agent of Love and Intellect, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Mercury! Douse yourself in water and repent!
- Sailor Mercury's stock introduction
- Sailor Mars: Agent of Love and Passion, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Mars! In the name of Mars, I will chastise you!
- Sailor Mars's stock introduction
- Sailor Jupiter: Agent of Love and Courage, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Jupiter! In the name of Jupiter, I will punish you!
- Sailor Jupiter's stock introduction
- Sailor Venus: Agent of Love and Beauty, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Venus! In the name of Love, I will punish you!
- Sailor Venus's stock introduction
- [First heard in episode one, "Crybaby Usagi's Magnificent Transformation"/"A Moon Star is Born"]
- Usagi: Moon Prism Power, Make Up! (First transformation phrase. The English dub omits the phrase "Make Up".)
- Sailor Moon: Moon Tiara Action! (First attack. In the English dub it is called "Moon Tiara Magic.")
- Sailor Moon: [English dubbed version] I am Sailor Moon, champion of justice! On behalf of the moon, I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you! [used in early episodes; in later episodes she began to declare, "In the name of the moon, I will punish you!" which is the English translation of the Japanese "Tsuki ni kawatte oshioki yo!"]
- Makoto/Lita (Sailor Jupiter): [English dubbed version, repeated line, every time she meets a new guy] He looks just like my old boyfriend...
- [English dub dialogue from episode four (seven in Japan), "So You Want to be a Superstar." Serena (Usagi) and Molly (Naru) are singing and dancing to the Sailor Moon theme song - very badly - in Serena's room when Serena's brother Sammy (Shingo) bursts in.]
- Sammy: Hey, are you guys trying to torture me?!
- Serena: Go away, you're interrupting our rehearsal!
- Molly: Although we *could* use him as a backup dancer...
- Sammy: Uhh... gotta run! [Slams door and runs away]
- Molly: I knew that would get rid of him!
- Sailor Jupiter: For saving the Earth.. and eating cheesecake!
- Luna: Oh, I do hope they'll be all right..
- Artemis: Don't worry, Luna! With the promise of cheesecake, they're bound to win this fight!
Sailor Moon R (second series)
- [Both of the below dialogues are taken from ADV's English subtitled version of episode 66: "Usagi's Parental Love? A Curry Triangle Relationship" (English title: "A Curried Favor"). The carrot-chopping scene was removed from the English broadcast.]
- Minako: [chopping carrots] I cut my finger!
- Usagi: OH!!! HER FINGER IS ON THE CUTTING BOARD!!!!!
- Minako: [panics and clutches her hand] CALL AN AMBULANCE! AN AMBULANCE!!!
- Usagi: [holds Minako's arm] Minako-chan, stay calm!
- [Ami and Rei enter]
- Ami/Rei: What happened?!
- Usagi: Ami-chan, call an ambulance! An ambulance!
- Makoto: We have to put it back together! [examines the vegetables on the cutting board more closely] Oh... this is just the end of a carrot. [to Minako] Are you bleeding?
- Minako: [sheepishly] Yes, just a little...
- Usagi, Rei and Ami: [face-falling] That's all???
- Minako: Sorry.
- Usagi: Really, you overreacted so much!
- Luna: You were also making a big deal out of it...
- [Usagi, Ami and Mako laugh sheepishly. Minako still looks like she is in pain, and Rei appears irritated.]
- Petz: [trying to sell black-coloured "Dark Fruits" at the local grocery store so that shoppers will be filled with Dark Power, thus eliminating the Crystal Point] You, there, might you be feeling anxious about your life? For an unhappy person like you, black is perfect! [picks up a "dark fruit" and holds it out toward the shoppers] Let's have some Dark Fruits, and we can both be unhappy!!!
- Boy: Mama!
- Mother: [dragging her son away from Petz' stand] Don't look at her.
- Petz: [crushing fruit in her hand] You fools!!
- Calaberas: Petz, you're not cut out to be a salesperson.
Sailor Moon Super (third series)
- Sailor Uranus: Guided by a new era, Sailor Uranus acts with elegance!
- Sailor Neptune: Likewise, Sailor Neptune acts with grace!
- Sailor Chibi Moon: For Love and Justice, an apprentice to a pretty sailor suited soldier, Sailor Chibi Moon! In the name of the future moon I will punish you!
Episode 99: Mixed Emotions/The Kindness of a Man! Yuichiro, Heartbroken by Rei?
- Dr. Tomoe: Our recent rash of failures is grating on my calm demeanor. In fact, it's gotten on my very last, little, nerve and trampled it to.........OBLIVION!!!!!!!
Episode 106: The bond of destiny! The distant days of Uranus
- Sailor Uranus Back then, I wanted to become the wind. I just wanted to be like the wind... Wrestling free from the domination of gravity... and plunging forth into the vast reaches of the sky... That was the kind of person I wanted to be...
- Sailor Uranus You can't runaway from me because I am the wind.
Sailor Moon SuperS (Fourth series)
- Sailor Moon: For Love and Justice
- Sailor Chibi Moon: The pretty suited sailor soldiers
- Sailor Moon: Sailor Moon!
- Sailor Chibi Moon: Sailor Chibi Moon!
- Sailor Moon: In the name of the Moon
- Both: We shall punish you!
Sailor Stars (fifth series)
- Sailor Pluto: Guarded by Pluto, planet of time. I am the soldier of revolution, Sailor Pluto!
- Sailor Uranus: Guarded by Uranus, planet of the skies. I'm the soldier of flight, Sailor Uranus!
- Sailor Neptune: Guarded by Neptune, planet of the depths. I'm the soldier of comprehension, Sailor Neptune!
- Sailor Saturn: Guarded by Saturn, planet of silence. I'm the soldier of death and rebirth, Sailor Saturn!
- Sailor Star Fighter: Penetrating the darkness of night. The air of freedom breaks free. Sailor Star Fighter, Stage on!
- Sailor Star Maker: Penetrating the darkness of night. The air of freedom breaks free. Sailor Star Maker, Stage on!
- Sailor Star Healer: Penetrating the darkness of night. The air of freedom breaks free. Sailor Star Healer, Stage on!
Episode 195: Princess Kakyuu Burns Out! Galaxia on Earth
- Sailor Tin Nyanko: Galaxia-sama! I will now bring a Star See- [free will] No! In the name... Of Sailor Tin Nyanko!
- Sailor Galaxia: That's enough. Good work.
- [Galaxia removes Tin Nyanko's other braclet, killing her]
[Galaxia has stolen Princess Kakyuu's Star Seed, and Kakyuu is shown falling down a pit]
- Sailor Star Maker: Princess!
- Sailor Star Fighter: Princess!!
- Sailor Star Healer: Princess!!
- Princess Kakyuu: Maker... Healer... Fighter... Come together.
- Sailor Mars: Wait and see! We're going to return her to normal!
- [Sailor Tin Nyanko, an evil Sailor Senshi sent by Galaxia to destory Earth, is regaining her free will due to losing one of Galaxia's mind-control bracelets in the previous episode]
- Princess Kakyuu: She's being controlled by Galaxia's bracelet. She used to be a good Sailor Senshi!
- Usagi: [in shock] A Sailor Senshi?
- Princess Kakyuu: Since she lost one of the bracelets... Her sense of being a Sailor Senshi has awakened.
- Usagi: Oh no...
Episode 196: When the Galaxy Perishes! The Sailor Soldiers' Final Battle!
- Sailor Star Healer No way! Why? Why? For us?
- Sailor Mercury To...save...important...people.
- Sailor Star Maker Important people?
- Sailor Venus Yes...Sailor Moon and the Starlights...are important...to us.
- Sailor Star FighterOh God! Even if you might fade away?
- Sailor Jupiter Please...in our place...protect Usagi-chan...and this world!
- [Sailors fade away]
Episode 198: Disappearing Stars! The End of Uranus and Neptune
- Sailor Uranus From now on, you want to protect her...
- Sailor Star Fighter: Uranus...
- Sailor Uranus: Our Princess is such a cry baby...
- Sailor Neptune: She is...
- Sailor Uranus: Are... you... scared ...Michiru?
- Sailor Neptune: Haruka
- Sailor Uranus: What
- Sailor Neptune: I want to touch you, Haruka...
- [Their hands touch as they are fading]
- Sailor Neptune: I can see the light...
- Sailor Uranus: You're warm, Michiru...
- [Uranus and Neptune fade away]
- Sailor Moon: Again, my important friends are gone! In the end, nobody could protect anything!
Episode 200: Usagi's Love! The Moonlight Illuminates the Galaxy
- Sailor Galaxia: Have you given up, Sailor Moon?
- Sailor Moon: No, I haven't. I love this world. [Sailor Moon's ribbons fade leaving her nude with the Silver Crystal embedded in her chest]
- Sailor Galaxia: What?
- Sailor Moon: Even though there are lots of sad or difficult things...I like this world very much because I could meet everyone! I know you know...how wonderful this world is!
- Sailor Galaxia: Stop joking! This world can not be protected by someone who won't fight! It's because of your weakness that all your friends are gone!
- Sailor Moon: They're not gone.
- Sailor Galaxia: What?
- Sailor Moon: The Starlights told me...that if I don't give up, they're always with me! It is possible that everyone is really gone when I give up! So I won't give up! Never!
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade)
The main article is: Sailor Moon (Arcade)
About Sailor Moon
- The relationship between Haruka and Michiru is quite special. I think the most important feeling in the world is friendship. The friendship between them is so strong that it becomes love. There's not only heterosexual love, but there also can be a homosexual love, in this case between two girls.
- In Japan, strong girls are very popular. The tradition of my country has in the Tarazuka, the Japanese theater in which only women take part, the maximum level of feminine emancipation. These actress cover all roles of the plays, even the male ones. I was inspired by them to create Haruka. It wasn't easy to make children understand how there could be true love between two women. Haruka is a tomboy, she talks and dresses like a boy, and therefore it's natural she falls in love with Michiru.
- The senshi are very sexy, and boys like it. In Japan, moreover, boys are quite weak and they search for a strong partner. They want to be dominated, and the senshi are ready to do it.
- Maybe what a lot of authors don't understand is the masochistic component of boys. They write love stories that are now outdated.
- Naoko Takeuchi