(Redirected from Saner)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sanity denotes one's mind being in a healthy condition; not deranged; acting rationally.
|This psychology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Without laughter life on our planet would be intolerable. So important is laughter to us that humanity highly rewards members of one of the most unusual professions on earth, those who make a living by inducing laughter in others. This is very strange if you stop to think of it: that otherwise sane and responsible citizens should devote their professional energies to causing others to make sharp, explosive barking-like exhalations.
- Steve Allen, Funny People (1981).
- Love, n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage...
- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary.
- Racism is not something that is designated as an illness that can be treated by mental health professionals.
- I believed all along, one day everyone would go mad just to see me sane.
- Suman Pokhrel, Before Making Decision
- In the Puranas it was predicted that toward the end of Kali Yuga humanity would be driven to acts of madness. It is very dangerous that people do not recognize this state, for while it is possible to cure a patient who does not resist treatment, if he struggles against it the beneficial effects of the medicine will be diminished. But how do you explain to people that their leaders and their teachers are insane? ...such mental confusion fully corresponds with the end of Kali Yuga... Most people hate the messenger who brings knowledge... let them at least remember the warning that humanity is acting insanely. The Thinker warned, “Do not fall into madness.”
- Helena Roerich, Supermundane, 285 (1938).
- Sanity is madness put to good uses; waking life is a dream controlled.
- George Santayana, Interpretations of Poetry and Religion (1900).