Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sanity denotes one's mind being in a healthy condition; not deranged; acting rationally.
|This psychology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Without laughter life on our planet would be intolerable. So important is laughter to us that humanity highly rewards members of one of the most unusual professions on earth, those who make a living by inducing laughter in others. This is very strange if you stop to think of it: that otherwise sane and responsible citizens should devote their professional energies to causing others to make sharp, explosive barking-like exhalations.
- Steve Allen, Funny People (1981).
- Love, n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage...
- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary.
- Racism is not something that is designated as an illness that can be treated by mental health professionals.
- The criterion of mental health is not one of individual adjustment to a given social order, but a universal one, valid for all men, of giving a satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
- Erich Fromm, The Sane Society (1955).
- I believed all along, one day everyone would go mad just to see me sane.
- Suman Pokhrel, Before Making Decision
- Sanity is madness put to good uses; waking life is a dream controlled.
- George Santayana, Interpretations of Poetry and Religion (1900).