Scarface (1983 film)
(Redirected from Scarface)
Scarface is a 1983 film about a Cuban political refugee, Tony Montana, who in the early 1980's entered America to live the ultimate American Dream. (The original Scarface was directed by Howard Hughes in 1932)
- This is paradise. This is paradise, I'm tellin' you. This town's like a great big pussy just waitin' to get fucked. I'm tellin' you. I shoulda come here 10 years ago. I'd have been a millionaire by this time. By this time, I'd have had my own boat, my own car, my own golf course.
- What I try to tell you? This country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman. That's why you gotta make your own moves.
- I never fucked anybody over in my life that didn't have it coming to 'em. You got that? All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one. You understand? That piece of shit up there, I never liked him, I never trusted him. For all I know he had me set up and had my friend Angel Fernandez killed. But that's history. I'm here, he's not. You wanna go on with me, you say it. You don't, then you make a move.
- You know what capitalism is? Gettin' fucked!
- Hey, fuck you man! Who put this thing together? Me, that's who! Who do I trust? Me!
- You don't have the guts to look 'em in the eye when you kill them, You gotta hide with that fucking shit. I bet you feel good, huh? It makes you feel good to kill a mom and her kids, huh, bet you feel, big, like you big man. Well, fuck you! Who do you think I am? You think I kill two kids and a woman? Fuck that! I don't need that shit in my life! [sees that Alberto is about to detonate the car bomb] You die, motherfucker! [shoots Alberto in the face, killing him] What you think I am, huh? What you think I am, fuckin' worm, like you? I told you, man! I told you, don't fuck with me! I told you, no fuckin' kids! No, but you wouldn't listen! Well, you stupid fuck! Look at you now!
- [to the guests at the restaurant] What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!
- I'm Tony Montana! You fuck with me, you fuckin' with the best!
- Okay, Sosa. You wanna fuck with me? You fucking with the best! You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You little cockroaches... come on. You wanna play games? Okay, I'll play with you. You wanna play rough? Okay! Say hello to my little friend!
- Note: the bolded line is ranked #61 in the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 movie quotations in American cinema.
- [shouting defiantly after being shot several times] Hey, how'd you like dat? Huh? You fuckin' maricón! Hey! You think you can take me? You need a fuckin' army if you're gonna take me! You hear?! C'mon! I'll take you all to fuckin' Hell! Come on! Come on! Come to me! Okay! Who you think you fuckin' with? I'm Tony Montana! You fuck with me, you fuckin' with the best! [while being shot repeatedly] Come on! I'm still standin', huh! Fuck! Come on! Go ahead! I take your fuckin' bullet! Come on! I take your fuckin' bullets! You think you kill me with bullets? I take your fuckin' bullets! Go ahead!
- ...the eyes, chico, never lie!...
- Tony Montana: You a communist? Huh? How'd you like it, man? They tell you all the time what to do, what to think, what to feel. Do you wanna be like a sheep? Like all those other people? Baah! Baah!
- Immigration Officer #3: I don't have to listen to this bullshit!
- Tony Montana: You wanna work eight, ten fucking hours? You own nothing, you got nothing! Do you want a chivato on every corner looking after you? Watching everything you do? Everything you say, man? Do you know I eat octopus three times a day? I got fucking octopus coming out of my fucking ears. I got the fuckin' Russian shoes my feet's comin' through. How you like that? What, you want me to stay there and do nothing? Hey, I'm no fuckin' criminal, man. I'm no puta or thief. I'm Tony Montana, a political prisoner from Cuba. And I want my fuckin' human rights, now! [slams desk] Just like the President Jimmy Carter says. Okay?
- Immigration Officer #1: Carter should see this human right. He's really good. What do you say, Harry?
- Immigration Officer #3: I don't believe a word of this shit! They all sound the same to me. That son of a bitch Castro is shittin' all over us. Send this bastard to Freedom Town. Let them take a look at him. Get him outta here.
- Tony Montana: You know somethin'? You can send me anywhere. Here, there, this, that; it don't matter. There's nothing you can do to me that Castro has not done.
- Tony Montana: Me, I want what's coming to me.
- Manny: Oh, well what's coming to you, Tony?
- Tony Montana: The world, chico. And everything in it.
- Frank: Lesson number one: Don't underestimate... the other guy's greed! [laughs]
- Elvira Hancock: Lesson number two: Don't get high on your own supply.
- Frank: That's right. Lesson number two: Don't get high on your own supply. 'Course, not everyone follows the rules, huh? [glares at Elvira]
- Tony Montana: Hey, coño, what is your problem? You got a problem? You're good-looking, you got a beautiful body, beautiful legs, beautiful face, all these guys in love with you. Only you got a look in your eye like you haven't been fucked in a year!
- Elvira Hancock: Hey, Jose. Who, why, when, and how I fuck is none of your business, okay?
- Tony Montana: Now you're talking to me, baby. That I like. Keep it coming.
- Elvira Hancock: Don't call me "baby"! I'm not your baby.
- Tony Montana: Not yet, but you gotta give me some time.
- Elvira Hancock: Even if I were blind, desperate, starved and begging for it on a desert island, you'd be the last thing I'd ever fuck.
- Tony Montana: You know what your problem is, pussycat?
- Elvira Hancock: What is my problem, Tony?
- Tony Montana: You got nothing to do with your life, man. Why don't you get a job? Do something, be a nurse. Work with blind kids, lepers, that kind of thing. Anything beats you waiting around all day, waiting for me to fuck you, I'll tell you that.
- Elvira Hancock: Don't toot your horn, honey, you're not that good.
- Tony Montana: Oh yeah? Frank was better huh?
- Elvira Hancock: You're an asshole. [storms off]
- Tony Montana: Where are you going? Come here! Coño, hey! Elvy! I was kidding. I was only kidding!
- Frank Lopez: Tony, don't kill me, please!
- Tony Montana: I won't kill you.
- Frank Lopez: Oh Christ, thank you! Thank you! [Tony looks at Manny]
- Tony Montana: Manolo, shoot that piece of shit! [Manny points his gun at Frank]
- Frank Lopez: What? No. No! NO! [gets shot]
- Tony Montana: Your guy Alberto, he's a piece of shit, you know? I told him to do something. He didn't listen to me, so I had to cancel his fucking contract.
- Alejandro Sosa: My partners and I are pissed off, Tony.
- Tony Montana: That's okay, no big deal. There's other Albertos, you know? We do it next month.
- Alejandro Sosa: No, Tony, you can't do that. They found what was under the car, Tony. Now our friend has got security up the ass, and the heat is gonna come hard on my partners and me. There's not gonna be a next time, you fucking dumb cocksucker! You blew it!
- Tony Montana: Hey, take it easy when to talk to me, okay?
- Alejandro Sosa: I told you a long time ago, you fucking little monkey, not to fuck me!
- Tony Montana: Hey, hey, who the fuck you think you're talking to, huh? You wanna fuck with me? Who the fuck you think I am, your fucking bellboy? Come on, you wanna go to war, we take you to war, okay?
- Tony Montana: Every dog has his day, huh, Mel?
- Bernstein: I told him. It didn't make any sense, clipping you when we had you working for us. He wouldn't listen. He got hot tonight, about the broad, you know? He fucked up.
- Tony Montana: You too, Mel. You fucked up.
- Bernstein: Don't go too far, Tony.
- Tony Montana: I'm not, Mel. You are. [shoots Bernstein in the gut]
- Bernstein: Fuck... You can't shoot a cop!
- Tony Montana: Whoever said you was one?
- Bernstein: Wait a minute! If you let me go, I'll fix this up.
- Tony Montana: Sure, Mel. Maybe you can handle yourself one of them first class tickets to the Resurrection.
- Bernstein: Fucking punk! Son of a bitch!
- Tony Montana: So long, Mel. Have a good trip.
- Bernstein: [his last word] Fuck you! [Tony shoots him in the heart]
- He loved the American Dream. With a Vengeance.
- In the spring of 1980 the port at Mariel Harbor was opened, and thousands set sail for the United States. They came in search of the American Dream. One of them found it on the sun washed avenues of Miami... wealth, power, and passion beyond his wildest dreams. He was Tony Montana but the world will remember him by another name... Scarface.
- The World Is Yours.
- Al Pacino – Tony Montana
- Steven Bauer – Manny Ray
- Michelle Pfeiffer – Elvira Hancock
- Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio – Gina
- Harris Yulin – Bernstein
- Robert Loggia – Frank Lopez
- Miriam Colon – Mama Montana
- F. Murray Abraham – Omar