She's Having a Baby
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Jefferson: College is like high school with ashtrays.
- Davis: You're the only one I ever loved.
- Kristen: No, Davis. You're the only one you ever loved.
[Jake's job interview]
- Howard: How do you feel about slave wages?
- Jefferson: Slave wages are okay.
- Russ: How do you feel about alcoholics?
- Jefferson: Um, I like alcoholics?
- Harry: Dashiel (Suggesting a name for the baby! His real life son's name!)
- Fantasy Girl: If you're still in love with her, how come you're here with me?
- Jefferson: Wh... why do you... why do you think I'm nervous?
- Fantasy Girl: Because you don't know what you want.
- Grandmother: [before Jake and Kristy's wedding] He's too young and he's too immature. She's a golddigger.
- Grandfather: There's little or no gold to be dug. He's plenty old and people don't mature anymore. They stay jackasses all their lives.
- Jefferson: And in the end, I realized that I took more than I gave, I was trusted more than I trusted, and I was loved more than I loved. And what I was looking for was not to be found but to be made.
- Russ: [to Jake] If you're going to piss your life away writing some goddamn book that no one is ever going to give a crap about, why did you have to involve my daughter? Let's say she gets pregnant. What are you going to do? Three can't live on what you make. Two can't live on what you make.
- Jefferson: [having a vision of him, Kristy and their baby in a cold, dark alley somewhere with a fire burning] Kristy, is the baby warmer?
- Kristen: We're fine. Sweetie, don't burn your book. Maybe we can get some wood.
- Jefferson: Wood's expensive. Words are cheap.