Smokey and the Bandit II
Smokey and the Bandit II is a 1980 comedy film in which the Bandit goes on another cross-country run, transporting an elephant from Florida to Texas. And, once again, Sheriff Buford T. Justice is on his tail. It is the sequel to the 1977 film Smokey and the Bandit. The film was originally released in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia and several other, mainly Commonwealth countries as Smokey and the Bandit Ride Again.
Buford T. Justice
- Let me tell ya somethin', Junior. If you ever embarrass me like that again, I'm gonna get an ax, and you're never gonna have to open your fly again.
- Ya know if Junior is able to get up in the morning, tie his shoelaces and take a pee, I'm not proud. I'm amazed.
- [still pursuing, in a bus] You're not getting away from me, Bandit! I'll chase you in hot-pursuit to the ends of the earth! You sumbitch!
- [twenty 18-wheelers are on a crash course with about 50 police cars] Welcome to the biggest game of chicken, boys!
- Cledus has a heart, he cares about something other than himself.
- Junior: Daddy, look at that big ugly alligator.
- Buford T. Justice: That reminds me; I gotta call yo' mama tonight.
- Junior: You know, Daddy, I like this place. All the 'gators and snakes and stuff. Why don't we move down here?
- Buford T. Justice: Why don't YOU move down here?
- Junior: Oh no, Daddy, I ain't NEVER leavin' home, that's a promise.
- Buford T. Justice: Don't you ever, EVER threaten yo' daddy like that again!
- Buford T. Justice: Junior! Why didn't you have your gun loaded?
- Junior: When I put bullets in it, Daddy, it gets too heavy.
- Buford T. Justice: [leaning against his car with his gun pointed at Bandit] Well as you can see, Bandit, I've got my piece in my hand.
- "Bandit": You've got your WHAT in your hand?
- Junior: Daddy, I got to pee-pee.
- Buford T. Justice: Swallow it. I'm busy!
- Junior: You know, Daddy, I don't think the Bandit's really bad. I think the trouble is he just got in with real bad company.
- Buford T. Justice: Bad company? Let me tell ya somethin', Junior. When you raid a cathouse, you take the piano player too.
- Cledus Snow: [Bandit is being chased a lot of police and Cledus is heading straight for them in his truck] Tell me, how many trucks do you see?
- "Bandit": I see one, unless I've been drinking.
- Cledus Snow: [yells in the CB] Okay, boys... do it, to it! [19 trucks emerge from behind Snowman's truck] Well, I must be commode-hangin' drunk, coz I see a ton o' trucks. Ha ha!
- "Bandit": Hi, Buford!
- Buford T. Justice: Hello, you handsome sumbitch!
- [Junior has just caused a roller coaster to collapse]
- Fairground Owner: Sir! I'm the owner of this, of, of... of this mess.
- Buford T. Justice: What are you tryin' to tell me? I'm in hot pursuit.
- Fairground Owner: I would like to say just... one thing... We're closed!
- Buford T. Justice: Get in the car, Junior. We're surrounded by a mental case.
- [the gang learns that Charlotte the elephant is pregnant]
- Cledus Snow: Well, I suppose we'd better keep our eyes open.
- Doc: For what?
- Cledus Snow: [laughing] For the biggest goldang stork you ever seen!
- "Bandit": [finding out Charlotte's pregnant] Who did it?
- Cledus Snow: Don't look at me.
- Doc: Probably another elephant.
- "Bandit": I know that, when did it happen?
- Doc: Long time ago.
- Buford T. Justice: [over Bandit's CB radio, just after the showdown in the desert] You ain't getting away from me Bandit, I'm still in hot pursuit!
- "Bandit": I copy that Buford....but from what I hear your pursuit ain't that hot! [cuts to Justice's car, which is revealed to be a barely driveable wreck that has been bent in half with no roof]
- The Bandit is back and better than ever!
- It's another race against time for Burt, Sally and Jackie!
- Burt Reynolds - Bo "Bandit" Darville
- Jackie Gleason - Sheriff Buford T. Justice / Gaylord Justice / Reginald Van Justice
- Jerry Reed - Cledus "Snowman" Snow
- Dom DeLuise - Dr. Frederico "Doc" Carlucci
- Sally Field - Carrie/"Frog"
- Paul Williams - Little Enos Burdette
- Pat McCormick - Big Enos Burdette
- David Huddleston - John Coen
- Mike Henry - Junior Justice
- John Anderson - Governor
- Brenda Lee - Nice Lady