Jump to navigation Jump to search
Smriti Irani (born 23 March 1976) is an Indian politician belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party. She is also a former model and television actress. She appointed the Minister of Human Resource Development on 26 May 2015.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Being a brand ambassador for such a noble cause is a matter of pride for me. I get to preach what I practice.
- In that kitty of mine where people call me anpadh (illiterate), I do have a degree from Yale University as well, which I can bring out and show how Yale celebrated my leadership capacities.
- Responding to critics saying that she is not qualified to be the Human Resource Minister, as quoted in "Smriti Irani claims she has degree from Yale University" Live Mint (10 August 2014)
- What I do in my personal life doesn't come under responsibility of media. I appreciate your efforts to keep me in the headlines.
- Refusing to comment on her visit to an astrologer, as quoted in "Astrologer to Smriti Irani: You will be the President of India one day" India Today (24 November 2015)
- In India, I don't think any woman here is dictated what to wear, how to wear, whom to meet, when to meet....I am of the opinion, I don't think anybody is dictated here, you are not told.
- Addressing Tina Brown, following which she was booed, as quoted in "Smriti Irani booed for saying 'no one tells women what to wear in India'" DNA India (20 November 2015)
- If the BSP leader is not satisfied, I am ready to behead myself and lay my head at your feet.
- I read it because I was asked to explain what the truth is. I said it with a lot of pain. I myself am a practicing Hindu, I myself am a Durga worshiper. These are authenticated documents from the university itself.
- After reading a pamphlet denigrating Durga which was allegedly published by JNU students , as quoted in "'I Am A Durga Worshipper,' Says Smriti Irani Amid Apology Demands" NDTV (26 February 2016)
- The fact that he chose to belittle the Prime Minister is not surprising, in fact expected... After failing to connect with the people of India, Mr Gandhi chooses a platform of convenience for beating his political opponents.... Indian democracy gives opportunity to merit and is not beholden to dynasty... A failed dynast today chose to speak about his failed political journey.
- Smriti Irani (2017) on Rahul Gandhi. Attributed and as quoted in 
- If you stand in the capital of India and say you support “Bharat ke tukde honge” (India will be broken into pieces), I don’t have an iota of respect for such individuals.
- Smriti Irani (2020) on Rahul Gandhi. Attributed and as quoted in