State and Main
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- [On his habit of sleeping with underage girls] Everybody needs a hobby.
- [after wrecking his car] So that happened.
- Who designed these costumes? It looks like Edith Head puked, and that puke designed these costumes.
- It's not a lie. It's a gift for fiction.
- This is what my people died for... the right to make a movie in this town.
- I'm going to rip your heart out, then I'm going to piss on your lungs through the hole in your chest! And the best to Marian...
- If your memory was as long as your dick, you'd be in good shape.
- Well, I'm gonna solve it here or this bimbo you sent me is gonna be doing a donkey act on public access television. Her tits her tits her tits her tits. That she signed in her contract! We hired her because of 10 years at the Actors Studio, the way she played Medea? Her last two pictures lay there on the screen like my first wife.
- I don't know what her problem is. She takes off her shirt to do a voice-over. What's her problem? The country could draw her tits from memory.
- Walt Price: What does he like?
- Bill Smith: 14-year-old girls.
- Walt Price: Well, get him something else. We want to get out of this town alive. Get him half a 28-year-old girl. How's my math?
- Decorator: Do you want to see the firemen's costumes? Because I found this mole skin for the color...
- Production Assistant: Marty Rossen has touched down
- Walt Price: Okay.
- Decorator: It's not black but it looks black. It's not brown...
- Walt Price: Yep, it's faggy without being homosexual.
- Joseph Turner White: You believe that?
- Ann Black: I do if you do.
- Joseph Turner White: But it's absurd.
- Ann Black: So is our electoral process. But we still vote.
- Joseph Turner White: Ever wonder why the Dalmatian's the symbol of the firehouse?
- Ann Black: First organized fire department was on the border of Dalmatia and Sardinia in the year 642.
- Joseph Turner White: That's why the Dalmatian?
- Ann Black: It was either that, or a sardine.
- Walt Price: How are we coming with the dead horse scene?
- Marty Rossen: You can't actually kill the horse.
- Walt Price: Aw, fuck me!
- Bob Barrenger: I know my lines.
- Walt Price: You do?
- Bob Barrenger: I just don't know what order they come in.
- Joseph Turner White: I may have to go to jail.
- Ann Black: I'll knit you a sweater.
- Joseph Turner White: I'm gonna be in there a long time.
- Ann Black: I'll knit you a jumpsuit.
- William H. Macy - Walt Price
- Philip Seymour Hoffman - Joseph Turner White
- Alec Baldwin - Bob Barrenger
- David Paymer - Marty Rossen
- Sarah Jessica Parker - Claire Wellesly
- Rebecca Pidgeon - Ann Black
- Julia Stiles - Carla