Streets of Laredo (miniseries)
Streets of Laredo is a 1995 American Western television miniseries directed by Joseph Sargent. It is a three-part adaptation of the 1993 novel of the same name by Pulitzer Prize–winning author Larry McMurtry and is the third installment in the Lonesome Dove franchise serving as a direct sequel to Lonesome Dove (1989), ignoring the events of Return to Lonesome Dove (1993).
- Maria Garza: What have you done?
- Joey Garza: I killed a gringo, Mama. I only like gringos when they're dead.
- Lorena Parker: Whose funeral?
- Tinkersley: Why, it's Doobie Plunkert's. She was well liked in the town. I like her myself even though I only met her once. That's why I let my whores sing at her funeral. Now, I kept two back for business. They had scratchy voices anyhow.
- Blacksmith: Hardin, that boy cost me $50.00. That's $50.00 for the boy and $0.50 for the grave. That's $50.50 you owe me.
- John Wesley Hardin: Don't stand there talking nonsense to me while I'm working hard at getting drunk. Just drag your man off behind the sand hill and the big pig will eat him, and save you $0.50.
- Capt. Woodrow F. Call: I will not tolerate rude behavior!
- [flashback where Mox Mox is about to burn Lorena and a boy]
- Mox Mox: This is gonna make you burn hotter. I'm gonna burn you first, so you don't have to hear that little boy holler.
- [Blue Duck arrives and fires a shot in the air]
- Blue Duck: What do you think you're doing?
- Mox Mox: I'm gonna burn that blue-eyed whore! I don't see what business that is o' yours.
- Blue Duck: She's my whore. That what business it is of mine. And you ain't burnin' her. Not today.
- Mox Mox: Why not, by God?
- Blue Duck: Because she's my bait, by God. The old ranger McCrae will come lookin' for her. All we gotta do is wait. Once he gets here, you can burn them both.
- Mox Mox: I wanna court her, at least.
- Blue Duck: She's my bait! You can have the boy.
- James Garner - Capt. Woodrow F. Call
- Sissy Spacek as Lorena Parker
- Sam Shepard as Cpl. Pea Eye Parker
- Ned Beatty as Judge Roy Bean
- Randy Quaid as John Wesley Hardin
- Wes Studi as Famous Shoes
- Charles Martin Smith as Ned Brookshire (railroad accountant)
- George Carlin as Billy Williams
- Alexis Cruz as Joey Garza
- Kevin Conway as Mox Mox
- James Gammon as Charles Goodnight
- Tristan Tait as Deputy Ted Plunkert
- Sonia Braga as Maria Garza
- Miriam Colon as Estrella
- Anjanette Comer as Beulah