A suicide note is a document written by a person preparing to commit suicide, often to explain the reasons for this act and to say goodbye to loved ones, although sometimes simply as a means to make an additional statement. A suicide note typically relays the last words of its author, although in several instances the author survives the attempt, or at least survives long enough to utter some additional "last words".
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away. Peace, Love, Empathy. Kurt Cobain.
- To my friends: My work is done. Why wait?
- Who: George Eastman, Inventor (in his suicide note)
- Things just went wrong too many times.
- Who: Tony Hancock
- Note: suicide note
- Excuse all the blood.
- To my friends and supporters to help them make sense of all these events that have happened so quickly: Certain human cultures have been waging war against the Earth for millennia. I chose to fight on the side of bears, mountain lions, skunks, bats, saguaros, cliff rose and all things wild. I am just the most recent casualty in that war. But tonight I have made a jail break — I am returning home, to the Earth, to the place of my origins. Bill, 12/21/05 (the winter solstice.) (suicide note)
- Who: William C. Rodgers, American environmentalist
- Note: Rodgers was arrested on December 7, 2005 by the FBI in Operation Backfire, being charged with ecoterrorist activities (Rodgers denied the allegations). He committed suicide in his cell using a plastic bag on December 21, 2005, the winter solstice.
- Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool - good luck. (suicide note)
- Who: George Sanders, Actor
- Forgive me. I can no longer live with my nerves. (suicide note)
- Who: Jean Seberg
- No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won't hurt.
- Who: Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005), suicide note entitled Football Season is Over
- Hunter was actually speaking to his wife, Anita, on the telephone, with the word "Counselor" typed on his typewriter, when he shot himself. The above quote was written a week or so earlier.
- Dou o primeiro passo no caminho da eternidade, e saio da vida para entrar na história.
- Translation: I take the first step in the path of eternity and I leave life to enter History.
- Who: Getúlio Dornelles Vargas, Brazilian president, on his suicide note.
- The act of taking my own life is not something I am doing without a lot of thought. I don't believe that people should take their own lives without deep and thoughtful reflection over a considerable period of time. I do believe strongly, however, that the right to do so is one of the most fundamental rights that anyone in a free society should have. For me much of the world makes no sense, but my feelings about what I am doing ring loud and clear to an inner ear and a place where there is no self, only calm. Love always, Wendy. (suicide note)