Jump to navigation Jump to search
Can we get the whole Virginia Woolf quote in? Can't be that hard, right? Atrivedi 01:45, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- I wanted to do too much. Even though I live, I'm not really alive. I don't want anyone to be disappointed. It's nice having money … I wanted to make money.
- Lee Eun-ju, South Korean actress, d. 2005.
- Despair and depression,
together they grow.
Hope shall meet hopeless
when there's nowhere to go.
- Misao Fujimura, Japanese high school philosophy student, d. 1903.
- When all usefulness is over, when one is assured of an unavoidable and imminent death, it is the simplest of human rights to choose a quick and easy death in place of a slow and horrible one.
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, writer, d. August 17, 1935.
- Things just went wrong too many times.
- Who: Tony Hancock
- All fled – all done, so lift me on the pyre;
The feast is over, and the lamps expire.
- Robert E. Howard, writer, d. June 11, 1936.
- I am going to put myself to sleep now for a bit longer than usual. Call it Eternity.
- Who: Jerzy Kosinski, Polish-American novelist
- Excuse all the blood.
- I must end it. There's no hope left. I'll be at peace. No one had anything to do with this. My decision totally.
- Who: Freddie Prinze, comedian.
- To my friends and supporters to help them make sense of all these events that have happened so quickly: Certain human cultures have been waging war against the Earth for millennia. I chose to fight on the side of bears, mountain lions, skunks, bats, saguaros, cliff rose and all things wild. I am just the most recent casualty in that war. But tonight I have made a jail break – I am returning home, to the Earth, to the place of my origins. Bill, 12/21/05 (the winter solstice.)
- Who: William C. Rodgers, American environmentalist
- Note: Rodgers was arrested on December 7, 2005 by the FBI in Operation Backfire, being charged with ecoterrorist activities (Rodgers denied the allegations). He committed suicide in his cell using a plastic bag on December 21, 2005, the winter solstice.
- Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool – good luck.
- Who: George Sanders, Actor
- Forgive me. I can no longer live with my nerves.
- Who: Jean Seberg
- When I am dead, and over me bright April
Shakes out her rain drenched hair,
Tho you should lean above me broken hearted,
I shall not care.
For I shall have peace.
As leafey trees are peaceful
When rain bends down the bough.
And I shall be more silent and cold hearted
Than you are now.
- Sara Teasdale (poet), addressing her lover, d. 1933.
- No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun – for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax – This won't hurt.
- Who: Hunter S. Thompson (1937–2005), suicide note entitled Football Season is Over
- Hunter was actually speaking to his wife, Anita, on the telephone, with the word "Counselor" typed on his typewriter, when he shot himself. The above quote was written a week or so earlier.
- The future is just old age and illness and pain … I must have peace and this is the only way.
- James Whale, film director, d. May 29, 1957.
- The act of taking my own life is not something I am doing without a lot of thought. I don't believe that people should take their own lives without deep and thoughtful reflection over a considerable period of time. I do believe strongly, however, that the right to do so is one of the most fundamental rights that anyone in a free society should have. For me much of the world makes no sense, but my feelings about what I am doing ring loud and clear to an inner ear and a place where there is no self, only calm. Love always, Wendy.
- I feel certain that I'm going mad again. I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices.
- Who: Virginia Woolf