Jump to navigation Jump to search
Can we get the whole Virginia Woolf quote in? Can't be that hard, right? Atrivedi 01:45, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- I wanted to do too much. Even though I live, I'm not really alive. I don't want anyone to be disappointed. It's nice having money … I wanted to make money.
- Lee Eun-ju, South Korean actress, d. 2005.
- Despair and depression,
together they grow.
Hope shall meet hopeless
when there's nowhere to go.
- Misao Fujimura, Japanese high school philosophy student, d. 1903.
- When all usefulness is over, when one is assured of an unavoidable and imminent death, it is the simplest of human rights to choose a quick and easy death in place of a slow and horrible one.
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, writer, d. August 17, 1935.
- To my friends and supporters to help them make sense of all these events that have happened so quickly: Certain human cultures have been waging war against the Earth for millennia. I chose to fight on the side of bears, mountain lions, skunks, bats, saguaros, cliff rose and all things wild. I am just the most recent casualty in that war. But tonight I have made a jail break – I am returning home, to the Earth, to the place of my origins. Bill, 12/21/05 (the winter solstice.)
- Who: William C. Rodgers, American environmentalist
- Note: Rodgers was arrested on December 7, 2005 by the FBI in Operation Backfire, being charged with ecoterrorist activities (Rodgers denied the allegations). He committed suicide in his cell using a plastic bag on December 21, 2005, the winter solstice.
- Forgive me. I can no longer live with my nerves.
- Who: Jean Seberg
- No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun – for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax – This won't hurt.
- Who: Hunter S. Thompson (1937–2005), suicide note entitled Football Season is Over
- Hunter was actually speaking to his wife, Anita, on the telephone, with the word "Counselor" typed on his typewriter, when he shot himself. The above quote was written a week or so earlier.
- Dou o primeiro passo no caminho da eternidade, e saio da vida para entrar na história.
- Translation: I take the first step in the path of eternity and I leave life to enter History.
- Who: Getúlio Dornelles Vargas, Brazilian president, on his suicide note.