Quotes on Abortion.
- 1 Pro-Choice
- 2 Pro-Life
- 3 Indefinite
- (No expressed objections to abortion, and opposed to legal penalties against it)
- "Why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place?"
- "Why is it that when it's us, it's an "abortion" and when it's chicken it's an "omelette"? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden?"
- "People say "life begins at conception." I say life began about about a billion years ago and it's a continuous process."
- "The states are not free, under the guise of protecting maternal health or potential life, to intimidate women into continuing pregnancies."
- Harry Blackmun, majority opinion in Roe v. Wade, January 22, 1973
- "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament."
- "... abortion opponents love little babies as long as they are in someone else's uterus."
- Joycelyn Elders, circa. 1990
- "In the case of an unwanted pregnancy, the existential choice for a woman is not abortion vs. no abortion, but, as Garrett Hardin has pointed out, abortion vs. compulsory childbearing. (See his Mandatory Motherhood for a biologist's look at the case for abortion.) If others can force her to be a mother... then she is coerced into putting her body at the disposal of the fetus as if she were an unclaimed natural resource or a chattel slave.... Thus, the woman's most fundamental right of choice, the right to control her own body and happiness, is being abrogated."
- "And since a man can't make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one"
- Tupac, "Keep Ya Head Up"
- "If you look at the issue, you'll see that this isn't about the children. There are children starving in the sewers of Persia. There are babies in the AIDS wards, chucked out into the streets like … cabbage. If this were really about the children, they'd be doing something about the children that are already here. I don't play that game."
- "My friend, O' Lordy
Went to take care of her own body
She got shot down in the road
She looked up before she went
She said "This isn't really what I meant"
And the daily news said "2 with 1 stone"
- Sheryl Crow, "Hard to Make a Stand"
- "We lived our dreams and challenged fate
In tears she told me she was late
Then Sally let his pigeons out to fly
She left one night with just a nod
Was lost in some back alley job
I close my eyes and Sally's pigeons fly"
- Cyndi Lauper, "Sally's Pigeons"
- "Neglect of an effective birth control policy is a never-failing source of poverty which, in turn, is the parent of revolution and crime."
- Aristotle, Politics, circa. 350 BC
- "Never mind the vicious nonsense of claiming that an embryo has a 'right to life.' A piece of protoplasm has no rights -— and no life in the human sense of the term. One may argue about the later stages of a pregnancy, but the essential issue concerns only the first three months. To equate a potential with an actual, is vicious; to advocate the sacrifice of the latter to the former, is unspeakable."
- (Opposed to abortion, and to it being a legally available option)
- "I think It is very funny that every single person that agrees on abortion has already been born."
- "Abortion: ONE DEAD, ONE WOUNDED"
- "It's a Child -- not a choice!"
- (I'd have a quote, except my parents aborted me)
- The Sounds of Silence, 2004
- "Abortion stops a beating heart."
- Pro-Life Across America (attributed)
- "If it's not a child -- you're not Pregnant!"
- "Homicide should never be a choice."
- "Respect the Dignity of Human Life -- from Womb to Tomb."
- "Choose life. Your mother did."
- Popular bumper sticker; author unknown
- "It is statistically confirmed that the most dangerous place to be with in regard to the preservation of one's life is in the womb of a mother, who is being told that if she doesn't want her baby she can abort its life."
- "A feminazi is a woman to whom the most important thing in life is seeing to it that as many abortions as possible are performed."
- "After tens of millions of [abortion] 'procedures', has America lost anything? Another Edison, perhaps? A Gershwin? A Babe Ruth? A Duke Ellington? … As it is, we will never know what abortion has cost us all."
- Joseph Sobran, Editorial Columnist
- "TO THOSE WHO WERE ROBBED OF LIFE: the unborn, the weak, the sick, the old, during the Dark Ages of madness, selfishness, lust and greed for which the last decades of the twentieth century are remembered..."
- C. Everett Koop, MD
- "We should not be surprised at the epidemic of child abuse. Obviously there is a connection between what we can do to a baby in the first nine months of life in the womb, and thereafter."
- Princeton Ethicist Paul Ramsey
- "We cannot diminish the value of one category of human life—the unborn—without diminishing the value of all human life."
- "When we look to the unborn child, the real issue is not when life begins, but when love begins."
- "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."
- Abortion and euthanasia have become preeminent threats to human dignity because they directly attack life itself, the most fundamental human good and the condition for all others. They are committed against those who are weakest and most defenseless, those who are genuinely "the poorest of the poor." They are endorsed increasingly without the veil of euphemism, as supporters of abortion and euthanasia freely concede these are killing even as they promote them. Sadly, they are practiced in those communities which ordinarily provide a safe haven for the weak -- the family and the healing professions. Such direct attacks on human life, once crimes, are today legitimized by governments sworn to protect the weak and marginalized.
- Living the Gospel of Life: A Challenge to American
Catholic U.S. Bishops, 1998
- Living the Gospel of Life: A Challenge to American
- The LORD God calls the prophet, Jeremiah, to service
- "Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." [Holy Bible, Jeremiah 1:4-5; King James Version (KJV), in the Public Domain] 
- "Then said Mary unto the angel, "How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?"
And the angel answered and said unto her, "The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy Thing Which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. For with God nothing shall be impossible." And Mary said, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word." And the angel departed from her. And Mary arose in those days (of Herod), and went into the hill country with haste into a city of Juda; And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth. And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit: And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord."
- King James Version of the Bible [Luke 1:34-45]
(Note the two pregnancies, one too early and one too late. Mary went immediately to Elisabeth [said to be a one to two day journey back then] after telling the angel "be it unto me according to thy word" and already He was recognized not only by Elisabeth, calling Him "my Lord", but by her unborn child, John the Baptist, leaping in reaction to His presence. Here we have an example of two unborn children, one six months and the other only one or two days from conception, communicating with each other).
(these statements, whatever the intent and opinions of the authors, make no declarations that can definitely be positioned in any of the three categories)
- "And, by the way, my belief is that if men were the ones getting pregnant, abortions would be easier to get than food poisoning in Moscow."
- Every sperm is sacred / Every sperm is great / If a sperm is wasted / God gets quite irate.
- Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
- "I have a different stance on abortion: I'm against abortion, but for killing babies. That way everyone loses, and I win. I'm neither pro choice, nor pro life; I'm pro you-shutting-the-hell-up. The only way I'd be "pro choice" is if it meant I could choose which babies I could abort, and only then if I could lift the age restriction to 80."
- George Ouzounian (Maddox)
- "No one wants an abortion as she wants an ice cream cone or a Porsche. She wants an abortion as an animal, caught in a trap, wants to gnaw off its own leg."
- McCAIN [to Bush]: Do you believe in the exemption, in the case of abortion, for rape, incest, and life of the mother?
- BUSH: Yeah, I do.
- McCain: [But you] support the pro-life plank [in the Republican Party platform]?
- BUSH: I do.
- McCAIN: So, in other words, your position is that you believe there’s an exemption for rape, incest and the life of the mother, but you want the platform that you’re supposed to be leading to have no exemption. Help me out there, will you?
- BUSH: I will. The platform doesn’t talk about what specifically should be in the constitutional amendment. The platform speaks about a constitutional amendment. It doesn’t refer to how that constitutional amendment ought to be defined.
- McCAIN: If you read the platform, it has no exceptions.
- BUSH: John, I think we need to keep the platform the way it is. This is a pro-life party.
- McCAIN: Then you are contradicting your platform.
- Source: GOP Debate on the Larry King Show Feb 15, 2000
- "And should men quarrel and hit a pregnant woman, and she miscarries but there is no fatality, he shall surely be punished, when the woman's husband makes demands of him, and he shall give [restitution] according to the judges' [orders]."
- "If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life."
- The Bible in [Exodus 21:22]
- "If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief (hurt) follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief (hurt) follow, then thou shalt give life (a breathing creature) for life (a breathing creature), etc.
- King James Version of the Bible [Exodus 21:22,23]
- All plucked flowers and carrots are untimely ripped. All scotched weeds or cadaver eating are abortions.
- O Anna Niemus