Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Capital punishment.
- And capital punishment, however ineffective it may be and through whatever ignorance it may be resorted to, is a strictly defensive act, - at least in theory.
- Capital punishment is as fundamentally wrong as a cure for crime as charity is wrong as a cure for poverty.
- Capital punishment is our society's recognition of the sanctity of human life.
- Executing a murderer is the only way to adequately express our horror at the taking of an innocent life. Nothing else suffices. To equate the lives of killers with those of victims is the worst kind of moral equivalency. If capital punishment is state murder, then imprisonment is state kidnapping and restitution is state theft.
- If Capital Punishment is state sponsored murder, then any lesser punishment is a state sponsored murder of Justice.
- It is Justice, not Laws that cures the society. And Capital Punishment is the only Justice that suits a murderer.
- Que dit la loi? 'Tu ne tueras pas.' Comment le dit-elle? En tuant!
- What does the law say? "Thou shalt not kill." How does it say it? By killing!"
- Said a man ingenuously to one of his friends: "This morning we condemned three men to death. Two of them definitely deserved it."
- I am for the death penalty. Who commits terrible acts must get a fitting punishment. That way he learns the lesson for the next time.