- Here are the titles as they appeared in Serbian. Sequence "Grain" was added to the third edition of Circling, published in 2000. I don't know if this additional information is enough or something else is needed. Please feel free, since you are more familiar with these matters, to add some of this information if you deem it appropriate. Is anything else needed for a cleanup?
- Krugovanje: 1978–1987 (Circling), (Narodna knjiga, Alfa, Beograd, 1993)
- Krugovanje: 1978–1987 (Circling), Second Edition, (Narodna knjiga, Alfa, Beograd, 1998)
- Sunce sebe gleda (The Sun Watches the Sun), (Književna reč, Beograd, 1999)
- Znak i njegova deca (The Sign and its Children), (Prosveta, Beograd, 2000)
- Oblik (The Shape), (Gramatik, Podgorica, 2000)
- Tvoritelj (The Creator), (Narodna knjiga, Alfa, Beograd, 2000)
- Krugovanje (Circling), Third Edition, (Narodna knjiga, Alfa, Beograd, 2000)
- Ples vremena (Dance of Time), (Konras, Beograd, 2007)
- In similar articles at every quotes the page number should be listed. Now I tried to find an online source myself, when I noticed the following: The first chapter [ Circling: 1978-1987] seem to offer exactly the same set of quotes as listed in Amazon.com, see here. In this specific case, I am not sure what has to be done, so I will ask for assistance here. -- Mdd (talk) 18:21, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- I can add pagination based on the original Serbian editions if that is ok. -- Mountlovcen8 (talk) 20:06, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
Removed bold text
I have undone the adding of a large quantity of bold text in the article, see here. For the purpose of navigation there was just added a large number of bold text subtitles, and adding an other double portion just works in the opposite direction. -- Mdd (talk) 23:08, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
From the poems written in English
- Forget decorated generals, tell me about Private Ryan.
- Before the first before and after the last after, there is night waiting.
- Accidents are not accidents but precise arrivals at the wrong right time.
- Our desire to say more grows bigger and what to say about it, except that saying is not always about saying, growing is not always about growing.
- A big desire is not enough to meet the expectations of lost dreams.
- To transform a grimace into a sound sounds impossible, yet it is possible to transform a vision into music, to go outside an enslaved personality, to become impersonal by transforming into sand, into water, into light.
- Although all days are equally long regardless of the season, some days are long not only seasonally but by rewards they offer.
- There is a moonlight note in the Moonlight Sonata; there is a thunder note in an angry sky.
- Every thought about death takes a moment of life away.
- History will be erased in the universal purgatory.
- He had an answer to almost everything and he retired at an early age.
- A word into the silence thrown always finds its echo somewhere where silence opens hidden lexicons.
- Be aware of the high notes, of the blissful faces and their soft messages, and listen for the silent message of a highly decorated gift.
- They will smile, as they always do when they plan a major attack late in the night.
- Dust to dust, ashes to ashes. Is that all?
- My feelings are too loud for words and too shy for the world.
- There is another alphabet, whispering from every leaf, singing from every river, shimmering from every sky.
- Trying too hard to be too good, even when trying to be bad, is too good for the bad, too bad for the good.
- Perfection seems sterile; it is final, no mystery in it; it's a product of an assembly line.
- To accomplish the perfect perfection, a little imperfection helps.
- Entering a cell, penetrating deep as a flying saucer to find a new galaxy would be an honorable task for a new scientist interested more in the inner state of the soul than in outer space.
- Senses empower limitations, senses expand vision within borders, senses promote understanding through pleasure.
- Without pleasure there is no sight or measure.
- Total knowledge is annihilation of the desire to see, to touch, to feel the world sensed only through senses and immune to the knowledge without feeling.
- There is no born lover, there is no born Don Juan, for we are all lovers.
- To dream on occasion is not dreaming; to love on occasion is not love.
- There is something perfect to be found in the imperfect: the law keeps balance through the juxtaposition of beauty, which gains perfection through nurtured imperfection.
- Everything that looks too perfect is too perfect to be perfect.
- We love the imperfect shapes in nature and in the works of art, look for an intentional error as a sign of the golden key and sincerity found in true mastery.
- When all is lost, there is still a memory.
- Fly without wings; dream with open eyes.
- If an ancient man saw planes two thousand years ago, he would've thought they were birds or angels from another world.
- When there is noise and crowds, there is trouble; when everything is silent and perfect, there is just perfection and nothing to fill the air.
- Why poetry, you ask? Because of life, I answer.
- Possible impossibility emerges from an impossible possibility, or possibly, impossible possibility blooms from the impossibly possible impossibility.
- Possible is more a matter of attitude, a matter of decision, to choose among the impossible possibilities, when one sound opportunity becomes a possible solution.
- Nothing reminds us of an awakening more than rain.
- Pretense cannot sustain blind power.
- Courage is more important than to be deceived by shallow victory waiting for a delayed defeat.
- It is not possible to express the most precious insights,
To see all that craves to be seen,
To visit even the closest neighbors in the universe,
To learn all that needs to be learned,
To live without dying,
And I am sad about it.
But I lived
And I am happy about that.
- Dream by making and make by dreaming.
- Busy with the ugliness of the expensive success we forget the easiness of free beauty lying sad right around the corner, only an instant removed, unnoticed and squandered.
- Since nothing is absolute, there is no absolute silence, only an appearance of temporary peace.
- Since there is no real silence, silence will contain all the sounds, all the words, all the languages, all knowledge, all memory.
- If unjustified, ambition kills value, eats its own life, kills someone else's desire to fly, cuts their wings, sucks their air.
- There is only as much space, only as much time, only as much desire, only as many words, only as many pages, only as much ink to accept all of us at light-speed hurrying into the Promised Land of oblivion that is waiting for us sooner or later.
- The most complicated skill is to be simple.
- To say more while saying less is the secret of being simple.
- To not say all that can be said is the secret of discipline and economy.
- To leave out beautiful sunsets is the secret of good taste.
- To hide feelings when you are near crying is the secret of dignity.
- To cut and tighten sentences is the secret of mastery.
- To keep the air fresh among words is the secret of verbal cleanliness.
- To write good poems is the secret of brevity.
- To go against the grain is the secret of bravery.
- To risk life to save a smile on a face of a woman or a child is the secret of chivalry.
- To go where no one else has ever gone before is the secret of heroism.
- To expect to be kissed having bad breath is the secret of a fool.
- Words rich in meaning can be cheap in sound effects.
- Every man needs his Siren to check his courage and strength when he hears her song in his travels through the unknown.
- We traveled long and forgot why poetry was invented.
- I imagined I was God for a millisecond and became speechless for a long time.
- A star needs a star.
- I visited many places, some of them quite exotic and far away, but I always returned to myself.
- Based on the law of probability, everything is possible because the sheer existence of possibility confirms the existence of impossibility.
- To understand possible means to understand impossible.
- It is beautiful to talk about beautiful things and even more beautiful to silently gaze at them.
- It is beautiful to express love and even more beautiful to feel it.
- Beauty is a cheap word, but beauty remains priceless.