I saw this on an online petition. Tried a quick Google search but nothing came up except references to the petition. Misattribution?
- See further discussion in this 2021 blog post. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 13:32, 13 June 2021 (UTC)
There is a quote often attributed to Tutu, "Language is very powerful, language does not just describe reality, language creates the reality it describes."
- These require citations to adequate sources before being placed into the main article.
- Good is stronger than evil; love is stronger than hate; light is stronger than darkness; life is stronger than death. Victory is ours, through him who loves us.
- If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn’t worship that God.
- Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.
- My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.
- Niger is not an isolated island of desperation. It lies within a sea of problems across Africa - particularly the 'forgotten emergencies' in poor countries or regions with little strategic or material appeal.
- What is black empowerment when it seems to benefit not the vast majority but an elite that tends to be recycled?
- Without forgiveness, there's no future.
- You must show the world that you abhor fighting.
- Fundamental rights belong to the human being just because you are a human being.
- I will never tell anyone to pick up a gun. But I will pray for the man who picks up a gun, pray that he will be less cruel than he might otherwise have been....
- The reprisal against the suicide bomber does not bring peace. There is a suicide bomber, a reprisal and then a counter-reprisal. And it just goes on and on.
- Reconciliation is a long process. We don't have the kind of race clashes that we thought would happen. What we have is xenophobia, and it's very distressing. But maybe you ought to be lenient with us. We've been free for just 12 years.
- Ubuntu is very difficult to render into a Western language... It is to say, 'My humanity is caught up, is inextricably bound up, in what is yours'.
- I long and work for a South Africa that is more open and more just; Where people count and where they have equal access to the good things of life; With equal opportunity to live, work and learn.