help -- 18.104.22.168 18:00, 22 December 2005 (UTC)
- Done. I've replaced the minimal introductory text with Wikipedia's intro paragraph, added quotes from and about her (including some lyrics), and added references, external links, and categories. I've also added link boxes to both this and the WP article so they point to each other. Therefore, I've removed all the cleanup and stub tags, leaving only the mandatory VFD tag until the vote is closed. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 11:21, 23 December 2005 (UTC)
- By the way, I may have fleshed out this article, but frankly, I think quoting Enya is like staring at the fingers of the Mona Lisa, or watching Casablanca with one eye closed and the sound turned off. What makes her music great is the holistic combination of her layered voicing, her lyrics, and her ethereal music, little of which comes through in the printed word. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 20:13, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
This article was preserved after a vote for its deletion. See its archived VfD entry for details.
~ MosheZadka (Talk) 12:44, 6 January 2006 (UTC)
Does Wikiquote have featured articles?
What a wonderful article! The pictures go very well and the formatting is nice. Featured article candidate, IMHO. (If, that is, there are featured articles/people/themes/whatever-we-want-to-call-them in Wikiquote). Tamino 08:09, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- There are not featured "articles" as such, but I do try to spiff up the pages from which the "Quote of the day" is selected, to the extent that I have the time. I had figured I would probably select Enya for the last day or two, but I ended up finding the quote I actually used only minutes before posting it, and really hadn't worked much on the page until after that selection. I also try and find good images to match some of the best quotes or their themes, and am very pleased when they work out well, as I think they have here. ~ Kalki 09:06, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
Lyrics for "A Moment Lost"
I checked this site for the lyrics, knowing most of them and found the second verse missing. It begins with "How strong, how brave, how true..." Will the lyrics, please, be edited adding the entire second verse? I would greatly appreciate it.
- A lot of people know "Enya" the music, but they don't know what I look like, or what I do. And I think that that's really good… for me, and for the music as well.
- People listen to the music and sense what it is about. Sometimes they know exactly what the songs are about, sometimes they interpret their own meaning to the music, and that's great when this happens because it shows it's striking a chord.