Talk:Fight Club (film)
In the book, several "Tyler" movie quotes are said by "Jack" and vice versa. Is there any plan to disambiguate this?
- The same problem exists with Marla and the misc quotes. Many of the lines were switched around from character to character in the movie (most of which were said by the narrator in the book). I also think it's a bit of an issue that we have many quotes here that are from the movie only and not the book. When I started this article, I was careful to include only the quotes that existed in both. As it stands now, there are many that are movie specific, and probably should have their own section. -- LGagnon
- I agree, the way this is set up now is sloppy. The movie probably needs its own page. 188.8.131.52 14:35, 11 March 2006 (UTC)
Clean up needed
As mentioned above, the article is currently messed up. Attribution is poor (many lines in the novel are used by other characters in the film and vice versa) and film and novel lines are mixed together. The article has become almost useless for anyone trying to get quotes specifically from the film or the novel. We need to separate the quotes into sections for film and novel so that there can be some sensibility about it. -- LGagnon 01:55, 26 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- I would actually recommend that we separate this into two pages, one for the film and one for the novel. ~ UDScott 17:39, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
- Someone badly needs to clean this up. Can we seperate the movie quotes from the book? Or would that be too minor to merit a section?
The clean up template was removed despite the problem not being fixed. I am putting the accuracy dispute template in the article until this serious problem with atribution is solved. -- LGagnon 00:57, 1 Apr 2005 (UTC)
The quote of the rules of fight club is missing rule 5
The quote about having "No Great War" was said by the mechanic in the book.--Tragic week 02:05, 16 January 2006 (UTC)
- Isn't the "Mona Lisa is falling apart" when the narrator pulls out his teeth from the movie? In the book the mechanic says he wants to wipe his ass on the Mona Lisa.
Committed myself to a cleaning of the article, mostly the presentation and grammar. If someone wants to filter through the quotes and determine which are from the film and which from the novel, that'd be great.
It needs the scene when tyler puts the lye onto Jack's hand. It is the most important scene in the movie, summarising what tyler is trying to achieve spiritually.184.108.40.206 03:08, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
But as per Wikiquote:Limits on quotations, it does also state that "If a page is considered by an editor to have an unusually large number of memorable quotes (e.g., some movie classics), an appeal can be made to the community to allow an exception to the guidelines." I argue that this is such a movie and is missing some important quotes such as "The people you're looking for are the people you depend on. We cook your meals. We haul your trash. We collect your calls. We drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep...Do NOT, fuck with us." ~ 220.127.116.11 07:55, 17 February 2010 (UTC)