Talk:Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (anime)
|This article needs to conform to our limits on quotations policy.
The subject of this article is a television show, and as a result, there should only be: one quote for less than 30 minutes, two quotes for 30 minute shows, and five quotes for 60 minute shows (see our TV policy for shows of other lengths).
If you would like to add another quote to the page, you may first need to remove one that is already there in order to keep within the bounds of fair use of copyright material.
Too many quotes PT. 2
Too many quotes
There are so many quotes on this page that it reads more like a transcription of each episode than a collection of quotes and it makes correcting typos harder. I'll work on it when I find the time but please cut down on the number of quotes per episode. Thanks. Raisin56 15:48, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
- I am holding down on access quotes, adding only those similar to the other pages or are key plot devices. But I'll try to lessen more while helping you in cleaning typos.184.108.40.206 21:40, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
Thank you, that would really help. Raisin56 04:48, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
- Um, do we really need all the quotes on this page? Might you reconsider cutting off bits that are not absolutely necessary? Take, for example, the first episode. The first dialogue between the Elric brothers isn't really memorable and it does not show much about the story or the brothers (refer WQ:NOTE and WQ:LOQ). The only guidelines that would apply to anime pages would be the ones for television series. Admittedly, a lot of those pages are a lot longer than this but that doesn't mean they should be and they just look bogged down with the sheer amount of quotes that nobody really remembers after a while, in my opinion, that is. I'll try shortening the first episode. I would like to hear your opinion on this issue so please check my edit and get back to me later. Thank you. Raisin56 16:35, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- Well, you removed a few important lines. In fact, I have been adding only vital scenes and trimming down a bit.220.127.116.11 02:21, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Does anyone know the length of the show? By that I mean including all the commercial breaks etc. throughout the show. For now, I'm just going to assume they air every episode for one hour and trim the quotes according to that. Raisin56 07:26, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
- If you think there are important quotes missing you can add them yourself, but I think you're supposed to remove another quote first or something. I cut them down to five different instances of dialogue per episode (five quotes for episodes an hour long) but I may have removed more important lines of dialogue and left the unnotable ones, trying to shorten the length of each quote. It's kind of a learning process for me (being new) which is why I appreciate your comments on my edits. Unless I edit the other episodes on a user subpage or something first? FYI, I referred to Wikiquote:Limits on quotations and Wikiquote:Quotability when I edited the page. Trimming "Separate Destinations(1.10)" was especially painful, I was so undecided on which quotes to keep. On another note, how much scene description do we need? Some pages are very detailed, others don't really seem to care... I'm lost. I'm not really sure if there's a policy on that or not. Raisin56 05:56, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- How much scene description do we need? The less the better. Wikiquote:Guide to layout is vague in saying, "the use of too much context or stage direction is discouraged," but the general idea is that such descriptions should only be used when the significance of the quote would otherwise be unclear. [Aside] Great quotes speak for themselves, and quotes that need a lot of explanation usually aren't that great. [Exit stage left] ~ Ningauble 19:53, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
The quotes from the first few episodes were really excessive, so I've trimmed those somewhat. They are probably still to many, and we shouldn't let that new quotes be added to them. Much fewer quotes are presented for the next episodes, which is good, but I might still get around to do further trimming if required. ~ DanielTom (talk) 13:24, 31 January 2014 (UTC)