Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page has been flagged for a review of its copyright status, as it may contain too many quotes from a copyrighted source. See Wikiquote:Copyrights for more information on Wikiquote copyright policy. Please do not remove this tag from this page until it has been checked by a user familiar with the fair use provisions of U.S. copyright law and edited down if necessary.|
- "Are you canadian? Oh, okay, 'cause you're sure as hell acting like one right now."
- "[Our 'Waiting' video] was totally a failure. [MTV] doesn't show any videos anymore. If we had a booty video - if we had, like, McG, with girls shaking their ass in the video -- it would probably get played. Actually, I am just really bitter right now."
- "Punk rock is dead...and I fucking killed it."
- "Minority is about being an individual. It's like you have to sift through the darkness to find your place and be that individual you want to be your entire life."
- "School is practice for the future, and practice makes perfect, and nobodies perfect, so why practice?"
- "They have bad taste. I am not a good-looking guy."
- "There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it."
- "A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over the garbage can and says 'That's Punk?', and I say 'No that's trendy!'
- "What? You can heckle me if you want, it's okay I won't understand!" (at a foreign concert)
- "Ah, if someone falls down, please pick him back up cuz it doesn't mean that there's a fuckin' camera in your face that you don't have to lookout for each other."
- "One thing I want to teach my son is sensitivity to other people. I want to teach him not to be this macho freak."
- "Punk is always something that’s going to be with us and to try and explain that would be stupid at this point."
- "Do I want to change the world with music? Well fuck yeah I want to change the world to a certain extent yeah. It needs to be changed....it needs a kick in the ass."
- (When asked in 1992 where they would be in 3 years) "I’m going to point a gun at Tre. Tre is going to point a gun at Mike. Mike is going to point a gun at me." (Mike: "We’re going to count to 3 and pull the trigger.")
- "History will tell if we were really a good band or just a one day fly."
- "You're the fucking leaders, you have the power. Don't let these bastards dictate the rest of the world, or dictate you fucking life!" (at Live 8 concert on July 2, 2005 in Berlin, Germany)
- "Don't blame me for the explosion of punk rock. I didn't know our music was going to get that big."
- "We write music for ourselves and if other people like it, that's great."
- On Good Riddance: Time of Your Life): "Putting that song on our record was probably the most punk thing we could do."
- "Then all of a sudden we got introduced to punk music and it was the coolest fuckin' thing"
- "I have a daughter and she's the greatest thing that ever happened to me. She gives me a good excuse to watch cartoons."
- "I'm down with J.C. He's cool. Whatever." (When asked about Jesus Christ)
- "Music has never been at a better time then it is right now, we're really lucky to be a part of this wonderful thing called music."
- (To LAUNCH.com on the US's action after the WTC bombings): "I object. I object to any killing at all. You know, it's terrible what happened and I think retaliation definitely makes sense and it's definitely one option. But, personally, I prefer peace. You know, maybe I'm just being ignorant and shortsighted, you know, it's true I'm not running the government, I'm not running the United States. I just don't think that killing people is a good way to remedy people dying. Martin Luther King Jr., said that you can murder a murderer but you can never murder murder itself."
- "I don't understand what Billie just said so, I'll talk about chickens...."
About Green Day
- "Do you have the time to listen to me whine? Good. If you don’t like Green Day, you’re stupid." - Nick Rose, Pulse Weekly
- "I remember working in the L.A. clubs, and these bratty kids showed up. They had such attitude, but as soon as they played, it was like, 'Anything I can do to help you guys ...' They're still bratty. They haven't changed in 10 years. They're just older brats." - Warped Tour founder Kevin Lyman