- Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
- Habits are soon assumed; but when we strive to strip them off, 'tis being flayed alive.
- A single bad habit will mar an otherwise faultless character, as an ink drop soileth the pure white page.
- Habits are like the wrinkles on a man's brow; if you will smooth out the one, I will smooth out the other.
- Habit is ten times nature.
- It takes a son of a bitch to break a habit.
- Habit is the most imperious of all masters.
- I will govern my life and my thoughts as if the whole world were to see the one and to read the other; for what does it signify to make anything a secret to my neighbor, when to God (who is the searcher of our hearts) all our privacies are open?
- The will that yields the first time with some reluctance does so the second time with less hesitation, and the third time with none at all, until presently the habit is adopted.
- It is almost as difficult to make a man unlearn his errors as his knowledge.
- Habits, though in their commencement like the filmy line of the spider, trembling at every breeze, may in the end prove as links of tempered steel, binding a deathless being to eternal felicity or woe.
- I will be a slave to no habit; therefore farewell tobacco.
- First, we make our habits, then our habits make us.
Right now, addiction, addict, addicts, addicted, addictive, addicting, junkie, and junkies all redirect here, but I think it may be worthwhile if someone, someday, starts a page specifically for addiction. If, when that day comes, these other words I just listed can then be re-redirected there. Cheers, allixpeeke (talk) 03:43, 15 May 2015 (UTC)