Jump to navigation Jump to search
| This article was preserved after a vote for its deletion. |
See its archived VfD entry for details.
I disagree this article is out of scope
Can anyone tell me why this article is out of scope? --220.127.116.11 13:23, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
- I agreed with the initial speedy deletion request, because the English Wikipedia should contain quotes in English/American, and it is not its intention to fill articles with (only) quotes translated from other languages. I think in it's current shape the article is still out of scope. I don't object to an article about this subject, but it should contain notable quotes from notable English/American sources. -- Mdd (talk) 16:07, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
- Now I added an actual quote from an English source and removed the Korean text to the talk page. Maybe they can be used on The Korean Wikipedia. -- Mdd (talk) 16:19, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
Quote from non-English sources moved to the talk page
- Modern Korea : 나라의 말이
문자(한자)와 서로 통하지 아니하므로
이런 까닭에 어리석은 백성이 이르고자 하는 바가 있어도
결국 자기의 뜻을 능히 펴지 못하는 사람이 많다.
내가 이를 위해 불쌍히 여겨
새로 스물여덟 글자를 만드니
사람마다 하여금 쉽게 익혀 날로 씀에 편안하게 하고자 할 따름이니라.
- Translation : There is a gap between Korean and Chinese, therefore Chinese character cannot be accepted with Korean. Because of this, common people who wanted to tell something couldn't tell their intention. Pitying them, I make new 28 characters, it will help whole individuals able to learn easily and use comfortably.
- Introduction of Hunminjeoeum Manuscript Link. It is why King Sejong made hangul.
- Modern Korea : 나라의 말이
- ㄱ牙音, 如君字初發聲, 竝書如蚪字初發聲。 ㅋ牙音, 如快字初發聲。 ㆁ牙音, 如業字初發聲。 ㄷ舌音, 如斗字初發聲, 竝書如覃字初發聲。 ㅌ舌音, 呑字初發聲。 ㄴ舌音, 如那字初發聲。 ㅂ唇音, 如彆字初發聲, 竝書如步字初發聲。 ㅍ唇音, 如漂字初發聲。 ㅁ唇音, 如彌字初發聲。 ㅈ齒音, 如卽字初發聲, 竝書如慈字初發聲。 ㅊ齒音, 如侵字初發聲。 ㅅ齒音, 如戍字初發聲, 竝書如邪字初發聲。 ㆆ喉音, 如挹字初發聲。 ㅎ喉音, 如虛字初發聲, 竝書如洪字初發聲。 ㅇ喉音, 如欲字初發聲。 ㄹ半舌音, 如閭字初發聲。 ㅿ半齒音, 如穰字初發聲
- Translation : ㄱ is a veral, like G on go(고), but when it writes side by side, it is like Gyu. ㅋ is a veral, like C on corn. ㅇ is a veral, like NG on ping. ㄷ is a lingual sound, like D on dollar. ㅌ is a lingual sound, like T on toe. ㄴ in a lingual sound, like N on no. ㅂ is a labial, like B on bear. ㅁ is a labial, like M on mom. ㅈ is a dental sound, like J on jam. ㅊ is a dental sound, like Ch on cheer. ㅅ is a dental sound, like S on sun. ㆆ is a guttural consonant, between h and o on Uh-oh. ㅎ is a guttural consonant, like H on help. ㅇ is a guttural consonant, like front of O old or A on ant. ㄹ is a semi-lingual, like L on lobe. ㅿ is semi-dental sound, like Z on size.
- Principle of Hangul consonant. Annals of the Joseon Dynasty
- 惟我世宗大王, 睿智出天, 獨運神機, 創造訓民正音, 質諸華人, 曲盡微妙。 凡四方之言語、萬竅之聲籟, 皆可形容於筆端, 雖街童、巷婦, 亦能通曉, 開物成務之功, 可謂發前聖之未發, 而參天地之造化矣。
- Translation : Hunminjeoum which King Sejong had make beyond humanity by knowing supreme intelligence which the sky had given astonished Chinese because of its sincere and nicety.
- Public appeals by Yangho Hong, in 1783. Recorded in Annals of the Joseon Dynasty