Talk:John A. Macdonald
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"its not drink that makes me sick but the rantings of my honourable opponent"...whats the name of the opponent?
- We must protect the rights of minorities, and the rich are always fewer in number than the poor.
- Sir John A. Macdonald said this in the privacy of the Quebec Conference of 1864 when they were constructing the Senate.
- The scheme as a whole has met with almost universal approval.
- Talking to the legistlature about confederation.
- I would be quite willing, personally, to leave that whole country a wilderness for the next half-century but I fear if Englishmen do not go there, Yankees will.
- Letter to Sir Edward W. Watkin-1865.
- I say that there is a deliberate conspiracy, by force, by fraud, or by both, to force Canada into the American Union.
- Speech, Academy of Music, Toronto-1891.
- Anyone can support me when they think I'm right. What I want is someone that will support me when I am wrong.
- Yes, In my Canada the rich will always be a minority
- Asked if he believe in minority rights.
- Ain't I the old devil though?
- After being read aloud a long list of political mistakes.
- "As I myself will love all since I'm british, Goodbye love"