John A. Macdonald
"Ayo where is the bad bitchs at?" i dont know you tell me -goerge brown
"I shit myself when i was 2"
- He hoped that Britain and Canada would have "a healthy and cordial alliance. Instead of looking upon us as a merely dependent colony, England will have in us a friendly nation, a subordinate but still a powerful people to stand by her in North America in peace or in war."
- I must have another $10,000. Will be the last time of calling. Do not fail me. Answer today.
- Telegram to Hugh Allan, head of the Canadian Pacific Railway, six days before the 1872 election. The release of this telegram spurred the Pacific Scandal.
- he has no British instincts or British feelings or aspirations.
- speaking about the Chinese, debating the 1885 Electoral Franchise Act in the House of Commons, Official Report of the Debates of the House of Commons of the Dominion of Canada (Ottawa: Maclean, Roger & co, 1885) (Henceforth, Commons Debates), 18, May 4, 1885, 1582.
- page 82 of Contesting White Supremacy: School Segregation, Anti-Racism, and the Making of Chinese Canadians quotes this
- the Aryan races will not wholesomely amalgamate with the Africans or the Asiatics .. the cross of those races, like the cross of the dog and the fox, is not successful; it cannot be, and never will be.
- As for myself, my course is clear. A British subject I was born — a British subject I will die. With my utmost effort, with my latest breath, will I oppose the ‘veiled treason’ which attempts by sordid means and mercenary proffers to lure our people from their allegiance.
- February 3, 1891 as the 1891 election was called, fought largely over the issue of free trade with the United States; reported at Historic Canada.
- Let us be English or let us be French... but above all let us be Canadians
- Yes, but the people would prefer John A. drunk to George Brown sober.
- Responding to a heckler. (from John A: The Man Who Made Us by Richard J. Gwyn).