I have created the page of Jose Saramago and working on it. More quotations will be added every day. I am reading The Cave, and I shall read more books by this author. Therefore i suggest that my page be considered prominent. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Riazur rehman (talk • contribs) 10:55, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- It looks like you actually created a separate article at José de Sousa Saramago. Wouldn't you like to move those quotes to this José Saramago article? ~ Ningauble 18:48, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
yes, it should be merged. But i am new in editing. please merge it by yourself.thanks--Riazur rehman 01:59, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- Done — I have merged both José de Sousa Saramago and All the Names into this article. ~ Ningauble 16:50, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
Thank you--Riazur rehman 17:22, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to José Saramago. --Antiquary 12:31, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- All the scheming and plotting in the world won't result in something lasting, transcendent. Anything that's authentic, that's real, comes in the form of a gift. Even if by accident.
- Human vocabulary is still not capable, and probably never will be of knowing, recognizing, and communicating everything that can be humanly experienced and felt.
- I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see.
- What kind of world is this that can send machines to Mars and does nothing to stop the killing of a human being?
- Words were not given to man in order to conceal his thoughts.
- My country is the Portuguese language.
- "It would be incoherent if I was against a writer getting his food from what he writes, what I find reprehensible is to write when you've got nothing to say."
- I'm not a complete atheist. I try to look for a sign of God every day, but unfortunately I can't find it."
- "Yes, I do have the Nobel Prize. So what? It's not that I think it isn't much, no, no. It's just that, deep down, nothing is much, everything is insignificant."
- "Let's not rush anything, but let's not waste any time."
- "Não tenhamos pressa, mas não percamos tempo.", in the original (Portuguese).
- "If we're not capable of living entirely as people, let us at least try our best not to live entirely as animals."
- "We all know that each new day is the first for some, it will be the last for others and for most is just another day."