- जस्यास तसे
- Transliteration: Jasyas tase
- Literal: Tit for Tat
katrajcha ghat dakhvine
- गाढवासमोर वाचली गीता आणि कालचा गोंधळ बरा होता.
- Meaning: Explaining to a fool has no use whatsoever.
- दुरून डोंगर साजरे.
- English equivalent: The grass is always green on the other side.
- Meaning: A person must always thinks the other's situation to be better not more worse.
- उथळ पाण्याला खळखळाट फार.
- English equivalent: Empty vessels make more sound.
- Meaning: Those with little knowledge keep showing it. Those who know all do not overeact.
- अति तेथे माती
- English equivalent: Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- Meaning:When there are too many people trying to lead and give their opinions, it's confusing and leads to bad results.
- अंगापेक्षा बोंगा मोठा
- English :The porturbance is larger than body.
Something out of proportion.
- गाढवाला गुलाची चव काय!
- What taste has a donkey for sugar
Satha Uttarachi Kahani
What is the meaning and story behind the proverb "Satha Uttarachi Kahani Pacha Uttari Sufal Sampurna"