- I will kill you if I ever catch you here again.
- Pancho Villa would capture U.S. soldiers and spare them by cutting one of their ears off, and he said these words upon releasing them.
- Parral me gusta hasta para morir y quedarme aquí.
- I like Parral enough to die and remain here.
- When visiting the city of Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua where he was killed years later.
- Hated by thousands and loved by millions.
- Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.
- As quoted in Famous Last Words : The Ultimate Collection of Finales and Farewells (2004) by Laura Ward and Robert Allen, p. 92
- Variant translation: It can't end like this. Tell them I said something.
- In spanish: "No me dejen morir así, digan que dije algo"
Per the Wikipedia article: Villa is sometimes reported to have died saying: "Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." There is, however, no contemporary evidence he survived his shooting even momentarily. Historian and biographer Friedrich Katz, wrote in 1998 that Villa died instantly. Time also reported in 1951 that both Villa and his aide (Tamayo) were killed instantly. Daniel Case (talk) 02:47, 28 January 2016 (UTC)