|This article about a military figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Men will not forget that Pancho Villa was loyal to the cause of the people.
- As quoted in Pancho Villa: Rebel of the Mexican Revolution (2006) by Mary Englar
- Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.
- As quoted in Famous Last Words : The Ultimate Collection of Finales and Farewells (2004) by Laura Ward and Robert Allen, p. 92
- Variant translation: It can't end like this. Tell them I said something.
- In spanish: "No me dejen morir así, digan que dije algo"
Quotes about Villa
- The brutality and uncouthness of many of the revolutionary leaders has not prevented them from becoming popular myths. Villa still gallops through the north, in songs and ballads; Zapata dies at every popular fair. … It is the Revolution, the magical word, the word that is going to change everything, that is going to bring us immense delight and a quick death.
- Octavio Paz, as quoted in Staging Politics in Mexico: The Road to Neoliberalism (2004) by Stuart Alexander Day, p. 38
- Tengo el deber de informarle que Pancho Villa se encuentra en todas partes y en ninguna a la vez.
- I have the duty to inform you that Pancho Villa is everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
- A report from an officer in Venustiano Carranza's army, mentioned in the book ¡Vamonos con Pancho Villa! (2007) by Rafael Muñoz.
- Hated by thousands and loved by millions.
- Richard Grant, as quoted in Bandit Roads: Into the Lawless Heart of Mexico, (2009)