Talk:Rock and roll
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It's a nightmare set to music.
- And it turns out the lingua franca of the world is not english. It's rock 'n roll.
- Men make angry music and it's called rock-and-roll; women include anger in their vocabulary and suddenly they're angry and militant.
- Commercial rock 'n' roll music is a brutalization of the stream of contemporary Negro church music an obscene looting of a cultural expression.
- Rock and Roll is passion, commitment, and spirit.
- You've got to be hard, like the rock in that old rock and roll.
- Rock and roll used to be for kicks, nowadays it's politics.
- Videos destroyed the vitality of rock and roll. Before that, music said, "Listen to me." Now it says, "Look at me."
- I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear! When I wear leather, I feel like a Black Panther!
- I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
- No, it hasn't, because I was in tanks and they rock and rolled quite a bit.
- Elvis Presley, when asked if his 2-year stint in the Army changed his thoughts on rock and roll
- Rock and roll music - the music of freedom frightens people and unleashes all manner of conservative defense mechanisms.