Talk:Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
|This article needs to conform to our limits on quotations policy.
The subject of this article is a film, and as a result, there should only be: five quotes per hour (about one quote every 12 minutes).
If you would like to add another quote to the page, you may first need to remove one that is already there in order to keep within the bounds of fair use of copyright material.
Spocks words on harold robbins are not sarcastic. That is the whole point of the joke.
Quote about Spock changing his mind
Did I miss it in there somewhere? Someone get out the DVD to add it (I won't add it without getting the words exactly right). Something like: "You're sure you won't change your mind?" "Is there something wrong with the one I have?" Aladdin Sane 00:17, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
I do not have the exact wordings or I would add them myself, along with some of the lines near these. In a movie full of great moments, there some excellent lines.
- The line about the glasses that Kirk sells at the antique store that implies the glasses are looping through time.
- Kirk: [Try to escape the hospital] Identify yourself.
- Chekov: Chekov, Pavel. Rank: Admiral [passes out again]
- Old Lady Patient: The doctor gave me a pill and I grew a new kidney! [3 or 4 times]
- Kirk: I am from Iowa. I just work in outer space.
- Who?: They aren't your damn whales!
- Scotty: [Yelling] I have come millions of kilometres to inspect your plant...
- McCoy: Thousands.
- Scotty: [Yelling] I have come thousands of kilometres to inspect your plant...
- Scotty: [Talking to the mouse as if it a microphone] Computer... Computer...
- Plant manager: Perhaps if you typed it.
- Scotty: A keyboard. How quaint.
- McCoy: You are giving him the formula for transparent aluminum?
- Scotty: How do you know he didn't invent the stuff?
- Spock: I made an educated guess.
- Kirk: You guessed, Spock? That's incredible!
- Spock: I do not think he understands the situation.
- McCoy: [To Spock] It means that he is more confident in your guesses than he is in most people's facts.
Nutster 15:52, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- It looks like a bunch of these were trimmed Nov 2009. Oh well. Nutster 16:07, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
I remembered the scene as soon as I saw the dialogue. It's after Gillian has taken Kirk and Spock to the park where the cloaked bird of prey is 'parked.' Here are the clips where she asks him about changing his mind and his response:
- "Sure you won't change your mind?" - https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e6198b91-ec10-40b1-9884-c990231145c9
- "Is there something wrong with the one I have?" - https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a86898ac-bb0f-451f-9e38-7dc02bb436ed
You can see clips before and afterward as well.