- It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time.
- They used to shoot her through gauze. You should shoot me through linoleum. (Referring to Shirley Temple)
- (On why she called everyone "dahling"): Because all my life I've been terrible at remembering people's names. I once introduced a friend of mine as Martini. Her name was actually Olive.
- Don't think I don't know who's been spreading gossip about me... After all the nice things I've said about that hag (Bette Davis). When I get hold of her, I'll tear out every hair of her mustache!
- Well, I don't know, darling -- he's never sucked my cock. (When asked for her opinion on whether a male celebrity of the time was a homosexual.)
- Say anything about me, dahling, as long as it isn't boring.
- (to Joan Crawford):" Are you wearing a new perfume?"
- (Joan Crawford replies): "It's called Come To Me."
- (Tallulah): " Funny, it doesn't smell like cum to me!"