- The Black Dahlia, she was someone who was just waiting for an executioner, waiting for it to happen. She was an ideal victim. I've met quite a few like her. They're just crying out, not just to be killed, but also tortured. She seemed very parasitic, a psychic vampire.
- For many years I had heard about an underworld consisting of people who act out a vampire fantasy while I was living in New York. Fortunately for me there are also several books on the phenomena.
- I figured that, if you do a vampire movie in Hollywood, you've made it.
- I was the graveyard shift in a plastics plant in Texas. It was like being a vampire.
- If some kid watches Buffy the Vampire Slayer and then blows the high school up, then goddamnit... start parenting better.
- I'm a devotee of Dracula, which was a pathfinder in horror and vampire fiction.
- I'm just finishing up the next Alex Cross and I'm pleased with it. Some people will look at it as more realistic than Violets are Blue, but only because they won't be able to believe that the vampire underworld is as large and real as it is.
- One thing vampire children are taught is, never run with a wooden stake.
- The reason good women like me and flock to my pictures is that there is a little bit of vampire instinct in every woman.
- "The vampire underworld is much larger than most people could imagine. It exists in all the cities mentioned in the book, but also in many, many more. Teenagers, especially, seem to like to act out vampire fantasies.
- There are two levels of vampirism: one is the regular vampire, which is just like it has always been; and then there's the super vampires, which are a new breed we've created.
- When AIDS was at its most brutal, frightening, my-God-what-are-we-going-to-do era, that was when vampire stories and stories about blood and trust swept the literary world.
- When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire.
- When they took me to do the camera test for the vampire make up, after they put the prosthetic on, I went though the entire process, I went back to my trailer and I looked in the mirror and I smiled.