I moved all the quotes that came from this page to the Unsourced section, because there's no primary source cited for any of them. The quotes merely appearing on a web page without any source there isn't enough to consider the site a source for them here. —LrdChaos 19:20, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
- I am famous, but I am not well known.
- Perfection itself is imperfection.
- It's better to make your own mistakes than to copy someone else's.
- My future is in my past and my past is in my present. I must now make the present my future.
- When I am on the stage, I'm a king. No one can interfere with me because I have something to do, and it has to be the best which is within me.
- I'm a general. My soldiers are the keys, and I have to command them.
- My face is my passport.
- The piano is an orchestra with 88 … things, you know.
- There are only three kinds of pianists; Jewish pianists, homosexual pianists, and bad pianists.
- If I don't practice for a day, I know it. If I don't practice for two days, my wife knows it. If I don't practice for three days, the world knows it