Taslima Nasrin (born 1962) is a Bangladeshian writer.
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I was born in a Muslim family and Muslim women suffer under Islam.
- "Islam is history: Taslima", Telugu Portal (22 August, 2006).
- Religion is against women's rights and women's freedom. In all societies women are oppressed by all religions.
- "Taslima Nasrin: A Writer On Trial", Interview with Kerry O'Brien on "Lateline", ABC TV (1995).
- The Islam religion and their scriptures are out of place and out of time. It still follows the 7th century laws and is hopeless. The need of the hour is not reformation but revolution.
- . Islam is history, says Taslima Nasreen. dna (22 August 2006).
About Taslima Nasrin
- With its extreme dependence on foreign aid, Bangladesh is understandably concerned about not offending Western sensibilities too much., Its government did not insist on implementing the prison sentence pronounced by a court against feminist author Taslima Nasrin for her 1994 book Shame, much less the death sentence pronounced by individual Muftis. Instead it preferred to send her into exile and be rid of the whole controversy. Her latest book, Wild Wind, is the object of yet another ban by the Islamist-leaning government of Khaleda Zia, the reason given being that it “destroys the socio-political amity of the country” and “contains anti-Islamic statements.”
- K. Elst: Afterword: The Rushdie Affair's Legacy, in Pipes, D., & Elst, K. (2004). The Rushdie affair: The novel, the Ayatollah, and the West. New Brunswick [u.a.: Transaction Publ.
- We have praised Taslima for speaking for Muslim women who do not have many spokesmen in the Muslim world. But her real glory is that she has also spoken for the persecuted Hindus in her country - for whom no one speaks, not even the Hindus.
- Ram Swarup, Woman in Islam, 2000
- . Taslima Nasreen ― A Woman of Moral Substance. Islam Watch (24 August 2007).