Ted Ginn, Jr.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Well you know, that's still my first love. I'll die and say that I was a DB. But you know, there's still time —— there's still time in my life to still be able to fulfill my dream.
- I didn't end it [my career at Ohio State] the way I'd like to end it, but I ended the way I had to. That's a bad memory, but at the same time, we made it to the national championship game. I scored in the national championship game. That's the only way I can remember it.
- May, Tim (2007-01-16). "They're gone: Ted Ginn Jr. and Antonio Pittman decide the time is right to leave Ohio State for the NFL". Columbus Dispatch.
- I'm not the type of guy who is greedy. I take what they give me. If they say, 'Hey, go to quarterback,' I go to quarterback. I just have that type of mind.'
- Ridenour, Marla (2007-01-02). "For OSU receiver, returner, defense won't rest: Still a defensive back at heart, Ginn not giving up on first love". Akron Beacon Journal.
- Records are made to be broken. Someone else will come along and break it [the record of punts returned for touchdowns], and that's great. You're only here for a short time in your life, so just go out and have fun with it.
- Martin, Tim (2006-10-15). "Ginn's gamebreaking ability boosts No. 1 Ohio State". Associated Press.
- You have to be patient. I want to be the possession receiver, the go-to guy. When it's time for a big play, they can come to me.
- Drape, Joe (2006-09-23). "Friendship Forged in Youth Fuels Touchdowns at Ohio State". New York Times. pp. D3.
- In order to be the go-to guy, you must have everything right. You have to be on point with your routes and catch the ball no matter where the quarterback puts it. You just have to have confidence. I'm rolling, and I want to go out and have fun.
- Carlton, Chuck (2006-09-08). "Ohio State's Ginn ready to be go-to guy". Dallas Morning News.
- Once you see a touchdown, there's no need to make a move. You just use your speed.
- Miller, Rusty (2005-09-01). "Buckeyes' Ginn hopes to build on fast start". Associated Press.
- First there's God, then there's Glenville, then there's myself.
- Gokavi, Mark (2003-06-08). "GLENVILLE RACES TO THE FRONT OF THE PACK; Cleveland boys take state track meet at Welcome Stadium". Dayton Daily News. pp. C12.
- He's a game changer. Every time he gets the ball, you hold your breath.
- I am going to have somebody put something in his food the morning of the game.
- Joe Paterno, McDonald, Jeff (2006-09-21). "Paterno prays for a way to control the Buckeyes receiver". Associated Press. Retrieved on 2006-10-30.
- I think he's a great football player. I think he's shown that from the moment he got to Ohio State.
- Here is guy who came to us as a return specialist and defensive back and has developed into a very good receiver. Has always had great hands and he has become a very good route runner. With his speed, he is a threat to score anytime he touches the ball.
- He's pretty special. He's probably a little bit better on nine toes than most people are on 10.