The Cat in the Hat (TV special)
The Cat in the Hat is an animated musical television special first aired on CBS on March 10, 1971, based on the 1957 Dr. Seuss' children's book of the same name. Produced by DePatie-Freleng using veteran Warner Bros. theatrical-cartoon animators, and featuring the voices of comedian and song satirist Allan Sherman and prolific voiceover performer, Daws Butler, this half-hour special is a loose adaptation with added musical sequences.
Cat in the Hat
- I am indeed a cat, and this, indeed, is a HAT.
- The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play.
Just sit in a house all that cold, cold, wet day.
- I sent to went Sally, we sat they say very too.
They said "How we weesh something (yawns) something to do."
- To went to go out and to cold to play ball.
So went to the house.
With do nothing at all.
- Mr. Krinklebine the Fish: Out of this house! I'm warning you, get!
- Cat in the Hat: Who's that? I believe that we haven't yet met.
- Mr. Krinklebine the Fish: The name is Krinklebine. Carlos K. Krinklebine.
- Cat in the Hat: Ooh.
- Mr. Krinklebine the Fish: Now please go away. Tell that top-hatted cat he should not be about. He should not be here when your mother is out!
- Mr. Krinklebine the Fish: Out, out, out of this house!
- Cat in the Hat: Out? Out? Why, every house should have a cat in it... curled up by the fireplace little warm...
- Mr. Krinklebine the Fish: Out, and take those things with you! Out!
- Cat in the Hat: Take the things, but who ever heard of a house without things in it?
- Mr. Krinklebine the Fish: They're not things, they're... and you're not a cat! Whoever heard of a 6-foot cat?
- Allan Sherman - Narrator / Cat in the Hat
- Daws Butler - Mr. Krinklebine the Fish
- Thurl Ravenscroft - Thing One
- Lewis Morford - Thing Two