The Chipmunk Adventure
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Chipmunk Adventure is an animated film released in 1987 by The Samuel Goldwyn Company, based on the Saturday morning cartoon Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Here's Alvin, Simon and Theodore in their first feature film.
- $100,000? This is fantastic!
- [to the Furschtein Sibs] $1, 000,000? You're joking, right?
- [while the Arabians carry her by the arms] If you don't put me down immediately, I'm gonna get very, very rough with you!
- Alvin: [to Dave] Please, Dave! I need a little culture in my life, the Eiffel Tower, the Sistine Chapel, the Louvre in Rome!
- Simon: [to Alvin] The Louvre is in Paris, Alvin.
- Alvin: [to Dave] See? I don't even know where the louvre is! Please, take me with you, Dave.
- Dave: Alvin, for the very last time, this is strictly a business trip, it's just not practical. Besides, I've hired someone very good to take care of you while I'm gone. [a car's tire screeches outside, and what sounds like garbage cans crashing are heard; Theodore groans and puts his head in his hand]
- Simon: Did it have to be, like, Miss Miller, Dave?
- Dave: Now, c’mon, fellas, she's a very nice woman.
- Theodore: Since when did Alvin like playing "Around the World in 30 Days"?
- Simon: Since he feels it's as close to a world trip as he'll ever get.
- Alvin: You're lucky this is only a game! You'd never beat me if this was for REAL!
- Brittany: Oh, is that so?!
- Alvin: Yeah, that's so! If I had the money, I'd race you around the world right now!
- Alvin Come on, Simon. Help me out.
- Simon: Absolutely not! I refuse to be a part of this deception.
- Alvin: OK, Theodore, it's you and me. We just need Dave to say: "Hello, Miss Miller, I want Alvin, Simon, and Theodore, to meet me in Europe. Bye-bye." Is the tape recorder ready?
- Theodore: I think so.
- Simon: I can't believe you'd deceive Miss Miller for a package of Tutti Frutti, Theodore.
- Theodore: Two packages.
- Alvin: Hello? Dave! What a coincidence! We were just talking about you! Sure. Miss Miller, it’s Dave. He wants to talk to you.
- Miss Miller: Hello? [Theodore presses a button and recording starts playing in reverse] Huh? [rubs her ear]
- Simon: It's not your hearing aid, Miss Miller.
- Alvin: (laughs nervously) It’s a bad connection. [glares at Simon]
- [Theodore presses a button and the recording starts playing in slow motion]
- Dave: [tape recorder in slow motion] Hello, Miss Miller...
- Miss Miller: David, are you drunk?
- [Theodore presses a button, the recording plays it right, and then then faints]
- Dave: [tape recorder] Hello, Miss Miller. I want Alvin, Simon, and Theodore, to meet me in Europe. Bye-bye.
- Miss Miller: Could you repeat that, David?
- [Alvin groans, throws the cereal box]
- [The chipmunks arrive at Klaus and Claudia's mansion]
- Alvin: Klaus and Claudia wanted us here at 2:00. I hope we're not too late.
- Theodore: Simon, I feel kinda funny about tricking Miss Miller.
- Simon: It's called a "guilt", Theodore.
- Brittany: [to Alvin] So, Alvin, you finally showed up.
- Alvin: [to Brittany] Well, somebody has to win the race!
- [The chipmunks land in Mexico]
- Theodore: Isn't Rio beautiful?
- Simon: We're in Mexico, Theodore.
- Theodore: Oh! That's what I mean.
- Alvin: I love Athens. The nightlife, the girls, the excitement.
- Simon: Alvin, you've never been to Athens.
- Alvin: Brittany?
- Brittany: Alvin, what’re you doing here?
- Alvin: We're on our way to Istanbul. What are you doing here?
- Brittany: We're on our way to Cairo.
- Simon: Uh, have you guys had any, uh, trouble along the way?
- Jeanette: Well, there was this guy....
- Brittany: [covers Jeanette's mouth, shutting her up] Uh, we’ve had nothing but smooth sailing. And you?
- Simon: Well, actually, I get the feeling....
- Alvin: [covers Simon's mouth, shutting him up] It's been a piece of cake! The only problem we have is crowd control! We're the hottest act in rock-and-roll. But you don't have that problem, do you?
- Jeanette: No.
- Brittany: Sure, we do.
- Alvin: (chuckles) No, you don't.
- Brittany: Alright, Mr. Popularity! How much d’you wanna bet we can out-rock-and-roll you?
- Simon: We've got to keep these two apart.
- [Alvin and Brittany yank Simon and Jeanette away from each other; Theodore is just about to have his couscous and yalanchi donuts]
- Alvin: [grabs Theodore and yanks him away] Come on, Theodore!
- Theodore: But my couscous!
- Jeanette: What's in the ice chest, Eleanor?
- Eleanor: Oh, uh, just some cold treats and sandwiches.
- Brittany: Oh, Elly! How can you think of food at a time like this?
- Alvin: 3:00 in the morning, and Prince Theodore has a craving for mushrooms! I hope he chokes on 'em!
- Simon: Alvin!
- Alvin: Well, I've HAD IT! [throws down the mushroom plate to the ground in a fit of anger]
- Simon: Hey, Alvin, look over here.
- Alvin: What is it, Simon?
- Simon: It's ancient writing that says: "Sacrifice the full moon on the Prince of Plenty." That doesn't make any sense. Oh, how silly of me! It's eyes before eats except after teeth. I got it reversed. It says: "Sacrifice the Prince of Plenty on the full moon."
- [Full moon appears above them]
- Alvin and Simon: [gasp] Oh, no!
- Simon: They're going to sacrifice Theodore tonight!
- Alvin: Over my dead body!
- Simon: You mean, over our dead bodies.
- Claudia: Children, oh, children. Oh, how good to see you darlings.
- Alvin: Don't "children" us! [points spear at the Furschtein Sibs]
- Brittany: Yeah, we know all about the diamonds!
- Alvin: Dave!
- Dave: Huh?
- Alvin: HELP! [car speeds off]
- Dave: Somebody, help! My son's in trouble!
- Inspector Jamal: Inspector Jamal. [shows Dave his identification card] Let's go.
- Ross Bagdasarian - Dave Seville, Alvin Seville, and Simon Seville
- Janice Karman - Theodore Seville, Brittany Miller, Jeanette Miller, and Eleanor Miller
- Dody Goodman as Miss Beatrice Miller
- Anthony De Longis - Klaus Furschtein
- Susan Tyrrell - Claudia Furschtein
- Frank Welker - Sophie Furschtein
- Ken Sansom - Inspector Jamal, a detective for the INTERPOL
- Nancy Cartwright - the Arabian Prince
- Charles Adler
- Philip Clark
- Pat Pinney
- George Poulos
- The Chipmunk Adventure quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- The Chipmunk Adventure at Rotten Tomatoes
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|