The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a 2005 film about four children who travel through a wardrobe to the land of Narnia and learn of their destiny to free it with the guidance of a lion messiah.
- Directed by Andrew Adamson. Written by Ann Peacock, Andrew Adamson, Christopher Markus, and Stephen McFeely, based on the novel by C.S. Lewis.
- Welcome Peter, son of Adam. Welcome Susan and Lucy, daughters of Eve. And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks. But where is the fourth?
- If the witch understood the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic differently, for when a willing victim who has committed no treachery, dies in a traitor’s stead, the stone table will crack and even death itself will turn backwards.
- Do not recite the Deep Magic to me, Witch! I was there when it was written.
- To the glistening Eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant. To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just. To the radiant Southern sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle; and to the clear Northern sky I give you King Peter, the Magnificent. Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen. May your wisdom grace us 'til the stars rain down from the heavens.
- Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe just like I told you!
- [To Edmund] That's alright, some little children just don't know when to stop pretending.
- [to Mr. Beaver] I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes!
- Peter, just because some man in a red coat gives you a sword it doesn't make you a hero!
- [mocking Lucy] Find any new countries in the cupboard lately?
- [After Susan throws a snowball at him, which hits him in the shoulder] Ow! Stop it!
- Always winter, never Christmas.
- Lucy: [holds out her hand] Pleased to meet you.
- [Mr. Tumnus looks at her hand curiously]
- Lucy: Oh, you shake it.
- Mr. Tumnus: Why?
- Lucy: I…I don't know. People do that when they meet each other.
- Edmund: Why can't we play hide-and-seek again?
- Peter: I thought you said it was a kids' game.
- Susan: Besides, we could all use the fresh air.
- Edmund: It's not like there isn't air inside....
- White Witch: Tell me, Edmund. Are your sisters deaf?
- Edmund: No.
- White Witch: And your brother. Is he unintelligent?
- Edmund: Well, I think so. But Mum says...
- White Witch: (Gets up from her throne, furious) THEN HOW DARE YOU COME ALONE!
- Edmund: I tried!
- White Witch: Edmund, I asked so little of you.
- Edmund: They just don't listen to me!
- Mr. Beaver: "When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits in Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done."
- Susan: You know, that doesn't really rhyme.
- Mr. Beaver: Yeah, I know it don't, but you're kind of missing the point!
- Edmund: Well, I believe you.
- Lucy: You do?
- Edmund: Yeah, of course. Didn't I tell you about the football field in the bathroom cupboard?
- Peter: Oh, will you just stop. You just have to make everything worse, don't you?
- Edmund: It's just a joke.
- Peter: When are you gonna learn to grow up?
- Edmund: SHUT UP! YOU THINK YOU'RE DAD, BUT YOU'RE NOT! (Edmund runs out of the room)
- Susan: Well, that was nicely handled. (Susan leaves the room as well)
- Susan: Do you think we'll need jam?
- Peter: Only if the Witch serves toast!
- Mrs. Beaver: You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?
- Mr. Beaver: Well, you never know if your next meal's going to be your last. Especially with your cooking.
- Aslan: That is Cair Paravel, Castle of the four thrones. In one of which you will sit, as High King. [Peter looks down] You doubt the prophecy?
- Peter: No, that's just it. Aslan, I'm not who you think I am.
- Aslan: Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley. Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat. [chuckles] Peter, there is a deep magic more powerful than any of us. It defines right from wrong. It over sees all our destinies. Yours, and mine.
- Peter: But I couldn't reach out over my own family.
- Aslan: You brought them safely this far.
- Peter: Not all of them.
- Aslan: Peter, I will do what I can to save your brother. But I need you to consider what I ask of you. I, too, want my family safe.
- [The children step outside, they hear rustles from the bushes. Mr. Beaver approaches.]
- Lucy: It's a beaver.
- Peter: [Holds out his hand, approaching Mr. Beaver and clicking his tongue] Here, boy. Come here.
- Mr. Beaver: [stares at it then sits upright] Well, I ain't gonna smell it, if that's what you want!
- Georgie Henley - Lucy Pevensie
- Skandar Keynes - Edmund Pevensie
- Anna Popplewell - Susan Pevensie
- William Moseley - Peter Pevensie
- Tilda Swinton - White Witch
- James McAvoy - Mr. Tumnus, the Faun
- Liam Neeson - Aslan (voice)
- Ray Winstone - Mr. Beaver (voice)
- Dawn French - Mrs. Beaver (voice)
- Rupert Everett - Fox (voice)
- Cameron Rhodes - Gryphon (voice)
- Philip Steuer - Philip the Horse (voice)
- Jim May - Vardan (voice)
- Sim Evan-Jones - Wolf (voice)
- Jim Broadbent - Professor Kirke
- Kiran Shah - Ginarrbrik
- James Cosmo - Father Christmas
- Judy McIntosh - Mrs. Pevensie
- Official website
- Encyclopedic article on The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at Wikipedia
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at Rotten Tomatoes