The Crazy Ones
The Crazy Ones is a sitcom about employees in a high profile ad agency run by Simon Roberts (Robin Williams), along with his daughter and business partner, Sydney Roberts (Sarah Michelle Gellar), and how they interact with their clients as well as each other, including favorite, pretty-boy Zach Cropper (James Wolk), "buffoonish" art director, Andrew Keanelly (Hamish Linklater), and deceptively ditzy assistant, Lauren Slotsky (Amanda Setton). Created by David E. Kelley. On May 10, 2014, CBS cancelled the series after 1 season, marking Robin Williams' final television role nearly three months before his death on August 11, 2014.
- Zack Cropper: Sydney! Hey, listen- [Aside to Andrew] Hi. [Returning to Sydney] You know how I like to be conjugal on occasion, sometimes for the benefit of the agency, other times it's less philanthropic- Andrew knows-
- Andrew Keanelly: Don't involve me in this.
- Zach: Well, last night I did some conjugating on behalf of the company. She was present, I was perfect, it was all very progressive-
- Sydney Roberts: Zach-
- Zach: [Continuing] She works in account management at Shyat- Nice girl, I think you'd quite like her-
- Sydney: Zach.
- Zach: [Continuing] They met with McDonald's yesterday. We're getting fired, that's what today's meeting is about.
- Sydney: What? My father's in with them right now.
- Lauren Slotsky: Actually, he's not- I've been flashing them, like, for 20 minutes. [To the group] I mean that's assistant stuff, right? Part of my job?
- [At once]
- Andrew: It is.
- Zack: Yeah, I would do it.
- [About who the agency is trying to get to sing a remake of a McDonald's commercial]
- Andrew: [On the phone] I don't quite understand... They're saying she won't do it? At least, I think that's what they're saying. [Hanging up and turning to Sydney] Shakira's people, they're bilingual so I'm being denied in two different languages. We're screwed. Jennifer Lopez wants to be paid in diamonds, Maraiah's in an ashram, Adele's British, and... P!nk threatened me.
- [Simon and Zack at a lunch with Kelly Clarkson]
- Kelly Clarkson: You're looking to remake you're brand, I'm looking to remake mine.
- Simon: Rebranding! Perfect, that's what we do!
- Zach: No one does it better.
- Kelly: See the old Kelly-
- Simon: Oh, please Classic Kelly!
- Zach: Kelly Classic.
- Kelly: Whatever. I wanna sing about sex.
- Zack: We- just need to come up with a meat related sex song.
- Simon: For a family restaurant, and how hard could that be, really? I mean it almost writes itself when you think warm buns, a hamburger patty- pat my patty.
- Zach: Oh, like a pickle, like a p-p-p-p
- Simon: Stick a pickle in the bun and the fun's begun!