The Croods: A New Age
The Croods: A New Age (also known as The Croods 2: A New Age or simply The Croods 2) is a 2020 American computer-animated adventure comedy film, produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. It is the sequel to The Croods (2013). The film's plot follows the Croods challenged by a rival family, the Bettermans, who claim to be better and more evolved.
- Directed by Joel Crawford. Written by Kevin Hageman, Dan Hageman, Paul Fisher and Bob Logan. Story by Kirk DeMicco and Chris Sanders
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [as he sees the wall] What the heck is that?!
- This place is changing everyone.
- [to Thunk] In my day, we didn't stare at birds! We fought them!
- It's not just punch monkeys. It-it's kick monkeys, headbutt monkeys, low-blow monkeys, bite monkeys, ab-tight monkeys, shoulders that punch, tails that crunch, tail-stranglers, strange danglers, fang manglers, mouth breathers, brain squeezers, and a dude with... weird eyes!
- Dad always says the packs sticks together.
- A girl... friend! I've never had a girlfriend before!
- [repeated line] Genius!
- Hold on. Stop. You accessorize with a sloth? I accessorize with a sloth!
- I'm fluent in punch monkey.
- [after he gets captured by the shaman monkey] I think I'm his new pet.
- We happy meet you.
- Grug, you might be more comfortable if you remove your fur pelt. [Grug: I already did.]
- I thought cave people died off years ago.
- Emphasis on the "better".
- I don't know if cave people belong in a modern world.
- Every mark is an adventure.
- [as Eep reveals her peanut toe to her] Whoa, peanut toe.
- I got a scar.
- [Grug and Phil are relaxing in a sauna inside Phil's man cave]
- Phil: [sighs in relief] Don't tell Mrs. Betterman. While she think's I'm toiling in the hot sun, I'm actually in here in my man cave.
- Grug: Whew! It's hot in here.
- Phil: Grug, it might be a bit more comfortable if you removed your fur pelt.
- Grug: Uh, I already did. [points to his fur pelt hanging on a rack next to Phil's clothes]
- Phil: Right. It's a place where a father can escape the chaos of family life. Relax. Hang with his bros... if bros he has. Another shark milk?
- Grug: So, you come in here to... hide from your family?
- Phil: Not hide, help. I help my family. [slurps his shark milk and lays down on his chair]
- Grug: So, uh, how does this help your family?
- Phil: Yeah, is where I find solutions to my family's biggest problems. [throws a spoonful of water into hot coals, making more steam]
- Grug: Okay.
- Phil: So, feeling relaxed? Comfortable? Susceptible to suggestion? [in a puff of steam, Phil is suddenly next to Grug] What's your problem, big guy?
- Grug: Uh, I don't have a problem.
- Phil: Come on, Grug. I've seen you moping around. What's your problem?
- Grug: I'm hot. That's my problem.
- Phil: Knock-knock. I'm knocking on the door, big guy. Open it.
- Grug: No...
- Phil: Open up to me.
- Grug: No.
- Phil: Share with me.
- Grug: Uh-uh. I don't wanna. I'm hot.
- Phil: Tell me your problem.
- Grug: I don't have a problem. You have a problem.
- Phil: Tell me your problem. [echoing]
- Grug: Don't...
- Phil: Tell me...
- Grug: I don't...
- Phil: Tell me, tell me, tell me...
- Grug: [finally snaps] I DON'T LIKE IT HERE, ALRIGHT?! My pack's all split up, there's no one to sleep pile with, you won't let me eat bananas, Guy gave Eep a rock, he kissed my hand! They're planning on leaving the pack. And I don't like you at all!
- Phil: Hmm, not that's interesting.
- Grug: Yeah, maybe I just need to get to know you better.
- Phil: No, not that. The part about Eep and Guy.
- Grug: Oh. Guy's trying to take my daughter away.
- Phil: Father to father, I worry about my daughter, too. She was so lonely before Guy came back.
- Grug: Yeah. It's almost like Guy's the problem.
- Phil: Wait a minute. Are you saying what I think you're saying?
- Grug: Yes. No. I don't know.
- Phil: Are you suggesting we take Guy off your hands, so Dawn isn't lonely, so Eep stays with your and your pack?
- Grug: Uh, am I?
- Phil: Why, Grug, that's a truly great idea! You've done it! You've solved both our problems!
- Grug: No, really?
- Phil: So, we have a deal, bro?
- Grug: [shakes Phil's hand] Deal.
- The future ain't what it used to be.
- All in a day's survival.
- Nicolas Cage - Grug Crood
- Emma Stone - Eep Crood / Fire Heart
- Ryan Reynolds - Guy
- Gabriel Jack (young)
- Peter Dinklage - Phil Betterman
- Leslie Mann - Hope Betterman / Bog Water
- Kelly Marie Tran - Dawn Betterman / Sister Sunset
- Catherine Keener - Ugga Crood / Blood Horn
- Clark Duke - Thunk Crood
- Kailey Crawford - Sandy Crood / Seeker
- Randy Thom (previously)
- Cloris Leachman - Gran
- Chris Sanders - Belt
- James Ryan - Sash