(Redirected from The Favourite (film))Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Some wounds do not close; I have many such.
- Did you just look at me? Did you!? Look at me. Look at me! [the servant looks at her] HOW DARE YOU!? CLOSE YOUR EYES!
- STOP! [gets up out of her chair] ENOUGH! [yells out of the window] STOP! BEGONE! I COMMAND IT! [music ends as violinists leave the garden] LEAVE!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! [conductor stops and bows to the queen]
- I like when she puts her tongue in me.
- Oh it is fun to be queen sometimes!
- [to Robert Harley] Your mascara is running. If you want to fix yourself we can discuss this later.
- There are limits to what one can give.
- [to Abigail] If you do not go, I will start kicking you and I will not stop.
- Mrs. Meg, your cream bill is outrageous. Are you bathing in it to help your hemorrhoids?
- Sometimes a lady likes to have some fun.
- As it turns out, I'm capable of much unpleasantness.
- I'm on my side. Always.
- Queen Anne: [after her fall] They were all staring, weren't they? I can tell even if I can't see. And I heard the word fat! Fat and ugly!
- Lady Sarah: Anne, no one but me would dare and I did not.
- Lady Sarah: Anne, you are too sensitive.
- Queen Anne: And you are too mean and uncaring, some days.
- Lady Sarah: Some days I'm quite lovely though. Let's think on them!
- Lady Sarah: None for the queen.
- Queen Anne: What?
- Lady Sarah: Well you cannot have hot chocolate. Your stomach, the sugar inflames it.
- Queen Anne: Abigail, hand me that cup!
- Lady Sarah: [casually] Do not.
- Abigail: I'm sorry I do not know what to do.
- Lady Sarah: Oh fine, give it to her. And you can get a bucket and mop for the aftermath.
- Abigail: You're so beautiful.
- Queen Anne: Stop it, you mock me.
- Abigail: I do not. If I were a man, I would ravish you!
- Abigail: My dear friend and cousin, how good to see you've returned from...
- Lady Sarah: Hell. I'm sure you shall pass through it one day.
- Robert Harley: I wish to make a statement to the queen.
- Lady Sarah: State it to me. I love a comedy. Is there cake?
- Abigail: [after Sarah slaps Abigail twice in the face] Obviously you still have some anger issues. I will allow it this once.
- Lady Sarah: Congratulations on your wedding night.
- [Abigail snorts dismissively]
- Lady Sarah: Abigail has done this. She does not love you.
- Queen Anne: Because how could anyone? She wants nothing from me. Unlike you.
- Lady Sarah: She wants nothing from you. And yet somehow she is a lady. With 2000 a year, and Harley sits on your knee most nights.
- Queen Anne: I wish you could love me as she does!
- Lady Sarah: You wish me to lie to you? "Oh you look like an angel fallen from heaven, your majesty." No. Sometimes, you look like a badger. And you can rely on me to tell you.
- Queen Anne: Why?
- Lady Sarah: Because I will not lie! That is love!
- Sidney Godolphin: Obviously you have chosen to keep the particulars of your dismissal from me. I shall leave a gap in the conversation for you to remedy that.
- [silence and dead stares from Lady Sarah]
- Sidney Godolphin: I do not know of women and their feelings, but I know they nurse their hurts like wailing newborns.
- Lady Sarah: Godolphin, I have a surge of desire to see your nose broken. Your point?
- Abigail: [about the war] If your husband dies?
- Lady Sarah: Did you not sacrifice your cunt for a fatty German to save your father?
- Abigail: Yes.
- Lady Sarah: There is always a price to pay. I am prepared to pay it.
- Abigail: You should lie down.
- Queen Anne: You shall speak when asked to! I feel dizzy, I need to hold on to something.
- [she grabs Abigail's hair]
- Olivia Colman – Anne, Queen of Great Britain
- Emma Stone – Abigail Hill
- Rachel Weisz – Sarah Churchill, Duchess of Marlborough
- Nicholas Hoult – Robert Harley, 1st Earl of Oxford and Earl Mortimer
- Joe Alwyn – Samuel Masham, 1st Baron Masham
- Mark Gatiss – John Churchill, 1st Duke of Marlborough
- James Smith – Sidney Godolphin, 1st Earl of Godolphin
- Jenny Rainsford – Mae