The Jim Henson Hour
The Jim Henson Hour is a short lived variety show created by The Jim Henson Company And Muppet creator and performer Jim Henson. It was first aired on NBC. And it lasted only one season. The show was cancelled shortly after Henson's unfortunate passing on May 16, 1990. The show was later reran on Disney Channel in the early 90's. It was the first revival of The Muppet Show.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Sesame Street: 20 Years and Still Counting! episode
- Bill Cosby: I am standing on the most famous street in America. Maybe in the whole world. Sesame Street. Yes, Sesame Street has The Fix-It Shop, Hooper's Store. The carriage house, Kermit the Frog.... KERMIT THE FROG!
- Kermit the Frog: Hey, Bill Cosby.
- Bill Cosby: What are you doing here?
- Kermit the Frog: Well, Not for long. You see, I am on my way to the Frog on the Street interview asking The Question of the Day.
- Bill Cosby: There is a secret behind all this kidding around, You see.
- Bill Cosby: Do not adjust your TV sets. That was Rubber Duckie in English, Spanish, Hebrew, German, and French. How may I ask "Is this possible?" Well, It is possible. Because, Sesame Street is the largest street in the world! It can be seen in over 83 countries.
- Bill Cosby: Several years ago, Will Lee, The actor who played Mr. Hooper died. He was NOT replaced by another actor, The character did not move away or something, When Sesame Street's Mr. Hooper, Died!
- Kermit the Frog: Hi-Ho, This is Kermit the Frog from Sesame Street news about The Question of the Day. [To Don Music] Oh, Don Music. Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?
- Don Music: Well, You practice.
- Kermit the Frog: NO! That's how you get to Carnegie Hall. [sighs] I give up.
- Ernie: Well, That's showbiz, Bert.
- Bert: What are we going to do now?!?
- Don Music: I know, We can sing a song.
- Bill Cosby: Thousands of songs had been written for Sesame Street. Like this one. [To Kermit] Hey, Kermit!
- Kermit the Frog: No time to chat, Bill Cosby. I have to go sing a song.
- Bill Cosby: [To his baby granddaughter] As I told you, Sesame Street is 20 years old, And it's going on for another 20 years. Because there is something new, And something to teach you too. Are you ready? Here we go! A....B....
- The Entire Cast of Sesame Street: [Singing the final verse] Don't worry if it's good enough, for anyone else to hear! Sing, Sing a Song! La-la la-la-la, La-la la-la-la la-la La-la la-la-la-la [Repeats and fades as the caption reads In memory of Joe Raposo]
- Digit: Kermit! Somebody is jamming the signal!
- Kermit the Frog: Well, can't you stop it?
- Digit: Yes and no!
- Rowlf: I think that's body language for "Yikes!".
- Louie Anderson: Bad news, Kermit. He's got the reruns.
- Kermit the Frog: Cut to commercial!