The Last Airbender
The Last Airbender is a American adventure fantasy film released on July 1, 2010. It is a live-action film adaptation based on the first season of the animated television series Avatar: The Last Airbender. The film stars Noah Ringer as Aang, a reluctant hero who prefers adventure over his job as the Avatar.
A hundred years ago all was right with our world. Prosperity and peace filled our days.
The Four Nations: Water, Earth, Fire and Air Nomads lived amongst each other in harmony.
Great respect was afforded to all those who could bend their natural element.
The Avatar was the only person born amongst all the nations who could master all four elements.
He was the only one who could communicate with the Spirit World. With the Spirits' guidance the Avatar kept balance in the world.
And then a hundred years ago, he just disappeared...
- I will stop them.
- (when he finds Gyatso's skeleton) This is the necklace I made for Gyatso. (he has a flashback that shows him running up to Gyatso and handing him the necklace) NO!!!!
- Don't give up!
- I won't let you take him.
- (when a Fire Nation soldier tries to attack Aang) Leave him alone!
- (after Aang leaves on Appa to the Northern Air Temple) Glad to see your "talk" worked.
- (after Katara Waterbends and freezes him by mistake) Katara!
- I don't think you've noticed, but we've started a rebellion.
- (after Aang and Katara attacked two Fire Nation soldiers) Okay. Everybody can help us now!
- (when Sokka inspects Aang and appa and gets trapped under Appa's tail) It's trying to eat me!
- (waking up Katara who was unconcious) What happened? What happened?
- It can't be coincidence that when we break him out of the ice, light shoots into the sky, and now the Fire Nation is here with their machines.
- [to Zuko, after Aang has escaped] It was not by chance that for generations people have been searching for him, and now you have found him. Your destinies are tied, Zuko.
- (to Yue) There are reasons each of us are born. We have to find those reasons.
- (to Zuko, who survived his assassination attempt) I killed you.
- (to the Blue Spirit, who unknown to him is Zuko in disguise) Why are you doing this? Who are you?
- As you know, the Fire Lord has banished his son the prince, and renounced his love of him and will not let him return to the throne unless he finds the Avatar! The Fire Lord believes his son is too soft! And by doing this, he will become strong and become a worthy heir to the throne!
- Dragon Spirit: The Avatar. Where have you been?
- Zuko (when Aang's escaping): Don't move! You have nowhere to run!
- Yue: We have to show them that we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in theirs.
- Ozai: I am pleased.
- Katara: Aang? Can you hear me? I knew you were real. I always knew you'd return.
- Zuko: So did I. (Katara turns around and sees Zuko removing the last piece of his white uniform and holding a torch in his hand)
- Katara: The Fire Lord's son. (Zuko lowers the torch to the ground and sets the surrounding ground on fire; he sends two fire blasts at Katara who puts each of them out; Zuko stares at Katara in surprise)
- Zuko: Who are you?
- Katara: My name is Katara. And I'm the only Waterbender left in the Southern Water Tribe. (Zuko sends two fire blasts at Katara; she puts out of the one blasts, but gets hit by the second blast; Zuko props Katara up against a tree)
- Zuko: I have to take him.
- Sokka (about Yue's birth): You never told me that.
- Yue: You never asked me, but your grandmother did.
- Zuko (after Aang passed the "test"): You are now my prisoner.
- Aang: What?! But you said-
- Iroh: I should have explained more. If you failed the test, you'd be free to go. But you're the only one who has been able to pass the test. It is an honor to be in your presence.
- Aang (after escaping Zuko): Thanks for bringing Appa to me. The Fire Nation's up to something. I have to go back now.
- Sokka: We'll come with you.
- Aang: I can take you back to the village. (Katara and Sokka look at each other)
- Katara: We're going with you.
- Old Man at the Temple: I hope you can forgive me.
- Aang: For what?
- Old Man at the Temple: For this. (he takes out a knife and Fire Nation archers come out from behind the Avatar statues) I have lived in poverty because of you.
- Katara: What would you do if the Fire Nation took me away?
- Sokka: I'd kill them all. I promised Dad I'd protect you with my life.
- Aang: If the Avatar had returned, would that mean anything to you?
- Earthbender prisoner: The Avatar is dead! If he was here, he'd protect us.
- Aang: My name is Aang, and I am the Avatar. [reveals his airbending tattoos] I ran away... but I'm back now.
- Ozai: Do you think my son is this person the soldiers are calling the Blue Spirit?
- Zhao: Yes.
- Ozai: Do not harm my son. Leave him to his isolation.
- Zhao: You have my word, sire. I will not harm him.
- Ozai: And what of the Avatar?
- Zhao: We assume he has rejoined with his supporters. It has been confirmed that he's traveling north. It is my strong belief that he is traveling to the Northern Water Tribe. I believe he has only knowledge of his birth element, air, and is trying to learn the discipline of water.