The Lost Boys
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die. It's fun to be a vampire. taglines
- What's wrong with this picture? There's no TV! Have you seen a TV Mike? I haven't seen a TV...do you know what it means when there's no TV? No MTV.
- You need sunglasses to talk on the phone? Are you freebasing, Michael? Inquiring minds want to know.
- Look at your reflection in the mirror. You're a creature of the night, Michael. Just like out of a comic book. You're a vampire, Michael! My own brother, a goddamn shit-sucking vampire! You wait 'til Mom finds out, buddy!
- Don't kill me, Mike. I'm basically a good kid, so just don't kill me.
- It's that girl from the boardwalk. Is she one of them?... [Star floats up] She's one of them! And don't tell me it doesn't make her a bad person, Mike!
- [to Star] Don't kill anybody until we get back to you!
- Let's start with the little one. First come, first staked.
- Holy shit, it's the attack of Eddie Munster!
- We don't ride with vampires. [Realizes that they're just outside of the Vampires' cave ] We do now.
- Holy shit, Vampire Hotel.
- I think I should warn you all, when a vampire bites it, it's never a pretty sight. No two blood suckers go out the same way. Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode. But, all will try and take you with them.
- [to Alan] How much you think we should charge out of this?.
- That's what I love about this place. You ask, and then you get.
- Drink some of this, Michael. Be one of us.
- Initiation's over, Michael. Time to join the club!
- Now you know what we are. And now you know what you are. You'll never grow old, Michael. And you'll never die. But you must feed.
- Not bad huh? this was the hottest resort in Santa Carla about 85 years ago, too bad they build it on the Fault, in 1906, when The Big One hit San Francisco, ground opened up, this place took a header right in to the crack, so now it's ours.
- Lucy, you're the only woman I ever knew who didn't improve her situation by getting divorced.
- Rules! We've got some rules around here. Second shelf is mine. That's where I keep my root beers and my double-thick Oreo cookies. Nobody touches the second shelf but me. There's another rule around here, and I want you to pay close attention. Don't touch anything. Everything is exactly where I want it.
- [as Michael comes home in the morning] Looks like I wasn't the only one who got lucky last night.
- Michael Emerson: [upon seeing Grandpa's workroom, filled with deer heads and other animals] Talk about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- Lucy Emerson: [to Sam] I can never sleep with the closet door open, either. Not even a crack. Sam, this is a terrible thing to admit, but I think that one of the reasons I divorced your father was because he never believed in the closet monster.
- Michael: [about Grandpa] Looks like he's dead!
- Lucy: No, he's just a deep sleeper.
- Sam: If he's dead, can we go back to Phoenix?
- Grandpa: Playin' dead. And from what I heard, doin' a damn good job of it, too.
- Michael: Grandpa, is it true that Santa Carla's the murder capital of the world?
- Grandpa: There are some bad elements around here.
- Sam: Wait a second, let me get this straight. You're telling me we've moved to the murder capital of the world? Are you serious, Grandpa?
- Grandpa: Well, let me put it this way. If all the corpses buried around here were to stand up all at once we'd have one hell of a population problem.
- Grandpa: Now, on Wednesdays when the mailman brings the TV Guide sometimes the address label is curled up just a little. You'll be tempted to tear it off. Don't. You'll only wind up rippin' the cover and I don't like that. And stay outta here.
- Sam: Wait, you have a TV?
- Grandpa: No. I just like to read the TV Guide. Read the TV Guide, you don't need a TV.
- Sam: Got a problem, guys?
- Edgar: Just scoping your civilian wardrobe.
- Sam: Pretty cool, huh?
- Alan: For a fashion victim.
- Edgar: Listen buddy if your looking for the diet frozen yogurt bar, it went out of business last Summer.
- Sam: Actually I'm looking for a Batman #14.
- Edgar: That's a very serious book man.
- Alan: Only five in existence.
- Sam: Four actually, I'm always lookin' out for the other three [then he looks at the comic books] Look, you can't put the Superman #77's with the 200's, they haven't even discovered Red Kryptonite yet, and uh... you can't put the #98's with the 300's, Lori Lemaris hasn't even been introduced.
- Edgar: Where the hell are you from? Krypton?
- Sam: Phoenix, actually. But lucky me, we moved...here.
- Edgar: Take this. [He gives Sam a comic book entitled "Vampires Everywhere"]
- Sam: I don't like horror comics.
- Edgar: You'll like this one Mr. Phoenix, it could save your life.
- Alan: Notice anything unusual about Santa Carla yet?
- Sam: No, it's actually a pretty cool place... if your a Martian.
- Edgar: Or a vampire.
- Sam: You guys sniffin' on newsprint of somethin'?
- Edgar: You think you really know what's happening here, don't you? Well, I'll tell you something. You don't know shit buddy.
- Alan: Yeah, you think we just work in a comic bookstore for our folks, huh?
- Sam: Actually, I thought it was a bakery.
- Edgar: This is just our cover. We are dedicated to a higher purpose. We're fighters for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.
- Sam: Right.
- Edgar: Hey man, read this. [he shows Sam a comic book entitled "Destroy All Vampires"]
- Sam: I told you I don't like horror comics.
- Alan: Think of it more as a survival manual. There's our number on the back and pray you never need to call us.
- Sam: I'll pray I never need to call you. Sure.
- Grandpa: Anything in here that might pass for after-shave?
- Sam: How about some Windex, Grandpa?
- Grandpa: Yeah, let me try some of that. [slaps some on] Not bad!
- Michael: You have a big date tonight, Grandpa?
- Grandpa: I'm going to drop my handiwork by the widow Johnson.
- Michael: What'd ya stuff for her? Mr. Johnson?
- David: Michael wants to know what's going on. Marko, what's going on?
- Marko: I don't know. What's going on, Paul?
- Paul: Wait a minute. Who wants to know?
- Dwayne: Michael wants to know.
- Edgar: You did the right thing by calling us. Does your brother sleep a lot?
- Sam: Yeah, all day.
- Alan: Does the sunlight freak him out?
- Sam: Uh, he wears sunglasses in the house.
- Edgar: Bad breath, long fingernails?
- Sam: Yeah, his fingernails are a little bit longer, um, he always had bad breath though.
- Alan: He's a vampire all right.
- Edgar: All right, here's what you do, get your self a good sharp stake and drive it right through his heart.
- Sam: I can't do that, he's my brother.
- Alan: Okay, we'll come over and do it for you.
- Sam: No!
- Edgar: You'd better get yourself a garlic T-shirt, buddy, or it's your funeral.
- [Michael is floating outside Sam's window.]
- Michael: Open up!
- Sam: Stay back! Stay back!
- Michael: Sammy, help me! Open up! Help me! Sammy, open the window!
- Sam: You're a vampire! I knew it!
- Michael: I'm not!
- Sam: So what are you, the flying nun?
- Michael: I'm your brother, Sammy! HELP ME!!!
- Edgar: We've been aware of some very serious vampire activity in town for a long time.
- Alan: Santa Carla has become a haven for the undead.
- Edgar: As a matter of fact, we're almost certain that ghouls and werewolves occupy high position at City Hall.
- Alan: Kill your brother, you'll feel better.
- Michael: Look, this isn't a comic book, Sam, these guys are brutal killers.
- Sam: So are the Frog Brothers!
- Michael: If something happens down there, I won't have the strength to protect you.
- Sam: This time I'll protect you. Even though you're a vampire, you're still my brother.
- Edgar: Just so you know, if you try to stop us, or vamp out in any way, I'll stake you without even thinking twice about it!
- Sam: Chill out, Edgar.
- Edgar: Yeah, come on!
- Michael: Where did you say you met these guys?
- Edgar: We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together, like bullets and guns. Come on!
- Sam: What's that smell?
- Edgar: Vampires, my friend. Vampires.
- [Sam shoots an arrow at Dwayne, and misses.]
- Dwayne: You missed, sucker.
- Sam: Only once, pal.
- [Sam shoots again, pinning Dwayne against the stereo making parts of him explode while being electrocuted]
- Sam: Death by stereo!
- Michael: You afraid to face me, David? HUH?!
- David: I tried to make you immortal.
- Michael: You tried to make me a killer! [David strikes Michael who turns round with his vampire face.]
- David: You are a killer! My turn. Stop fighting me, Michael. I don't want to kill you. Join us.
- Michael: Never!
- David: It is too late, my blood is in your veins.
- Michael: So is mine!
- Max: Don't ever invite a vampire into your house, you silly boy. It renders you powerless.
- [Sam turns to Edgar and whispers.]
- Sam: Did you know that?
- Edgar: Of course. Everyone knows that.
- Max: It was all going to be so perfect, Lucy. Just like one big happy family. Your boys. And my boys.
- Edgar: Great. The bloodsucking Brady Bunch.
- Max::[turns round showing his vampire face.] But I still want you Lucy [bears his fangs.] I haven't changed my mind about that
- Michael: I didn't invite you this time, Max.
- Mother: Michael [Max looks at a now vampire Michael and gives a contemptible demonic laugh.]
- Mother: Dad! Dad, are you all right?
- Grandpa: One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach. All the damn vampires.
- Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die. It's fun to be a vampire.
- Being wild is in their blood.
- [from TV spot] In California you'll find fun, romance... and vampires.
- Jason Patric - Michael Emerson
- Corey Haim - Sam Emerson
- Dianne Wiest - Lucy Emerson
- Barnard Hughes - Grandpa
- Edward Herrmann - Max
- Kiefer Sutherland - David
- Billy Wirth - Dwayne
- Brooke McCarter - Paul
- Alex Winter - Marko
- Jami Gertz - Star
- Corey Feldman - Edgar Frog
- Jamison Newlander - Alan Frog
- Chance Michael Corbitt - Laddie Thompson
- The Lost Boys quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- The Lost Boys at Rotten Tomatoes
- Invite Me: Max Online All Max. All The Time.
|The Lost Boys franchise|
|Films||The Lost Boys (1987) · Lost Boys: The Tribe (2008) · Lost Boys: The Thirst (2010)|
|Comics||Lost Boys: Reign of Frogs · The Lost Boys|
|Related||Last words in The Lost Boys films|