The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper
The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper is a 2005 American computer-animated short produced by DreamWorks Animation. The 12-minute Madagascar spin-off features the adventures of four penguins, sometimes known as the Madagascar Penguins, who live in the Central Park Zoo and are trained as spies. The short premiered in theaters on October 7, 2005 with the stop-motion film, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
- Kowalski: Yule log engaged.
- Skipper: All right, boys! Stand by for eggnog!
- Kowalski: Aye aye, Skipper!
- Rico: EGGNOG!
- Skipper: Private?
- Private: I'll pass, thank you.
- Skipper and Kowalski: [in unison] Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!
- Skipper: Well done, Rico! This guy can really hold his nog.
- Skipper: 21:10 hours, boys! Engage cranberries! [Rico is playing the "Knife game" at the table] Rico! Not at the table. [noticing a problem] Hold on a second! Something's missing!
- Kowalski: Cranberries: check! Eggnog: check!
- Skipper: Give me a headcount.
- Kowalski: [grabs abacus] We have three heads, sir!
- Skipper: Where's the private?!
- Kowalski: Unknown, sir! It would appear that he's [grabs milk carton] missing!
- [Kowalski shows milk carton with a big 'missing' advert for the private]
- Skipper: Missing? Hoover Dam! Wait, there he is. He just went to bed. [pulls off sheets, revealing a bowling pin underneath] What the...?! [slapping the pin] What have you done with Private? Talk, Mister!
- Kowalski: Skipper! Over here!
- Skipper: [to pin] I'll deal with you later.
- Kowalski: Oh, no. He must be out there all by himself.
- Skipper: He's one of us, men. You all know the Penguin Credo.
- Kowalski: Never bathe in hot oil and Bisquick?
- Skipper: No. [Rico speaks Japanese gibberish] No, that's the Walrus Credo. It's "Never swim alone." Private's out there all by himself, and we never leave one of our own.
- Kowalski and Rico: Oh, yeah.
- Skipper: Now let's go.
- Private: Oh, that's perfect! Just the thing for a sad polar bear.
- Rico: [pulls out a stick of dynamite and a match] Kaboom?
- Skipper: Yes, Rico. Kaboom.
- [Rico blows up the area surrounding the apartment door, causing the door itself to fall from the lack of support and giving the Penguins an escape route]
- Chris Miller as Kowalski
- John DiMaggio as Rico
- Tom McGrath as Skipper
- Elisa Gabrielli as Nana
- Christopher Knights as Private
- Bill Fagerbakke as Ted the Polar Bear (he sounds like Patrick Star from SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Sean Bishop as the Doorman and the TV Announcer
- Frank Welker as Mr. Chew (uncredited)
- Hope Levy
- Holly Dorff
- Rif Hutton
- Richard Miro
- Mitch Carter
- Lynnanne Zager