The Man Called Flintstone
The Man Called Flintstone is a 1966 American animated comedy film produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions and released by Columbia Pictures. It was the second Hanna-Barbera feature, after Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! (1964). The film is a theatrical spin-off of the 1960-66 television series, The Flintstones, and is a swan song (series finale) of the show, made immediately following the end of production on the series. The working title of the film was That Man Flintstone, with the film poster featuring Fred Flintstone in the same pose of the Bob Peak poster for Our Man Flint. The film is a parody of the James Bond films.
- Directed and produced by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. Screenplay by Harvey Bullock and R.S. Allen.
- Triple X: [as Triple X disguised as an Italian waiter] Hows about-a dis-a bottle, senor?
- Fred Flintstone: Yeah, sure that bottle'll be fine.
- Triple X: Did you read the label senor?
- Fred Flintstone: "Follow me X X X" Never heard of that brand.
- Triple X: No, no, it says "Follow me Triple X."
- Barney Rubble: Well, that's what always happens to guys who want to take over the world.
- Fred Flintstone: Yeah, they end up out of it.
- Green Goose: Slag, you're super human. I've never met anyone like you. Zounds! How much pain can a man stand?
- Fred Flintstone: All you can dish out and more.
- Fred Flintstone: Hey, that's funny, Triple X. The Green Goose was wearing a mask like this!
- Triple X: He was? What a very clever disguise, don't you think? Now, may I have it back, please?
- Fred Flintstone: You mean, this is your mask?
- Triple X: [laughs evilly] Yes, exactly.
- Fred Flintstone: [crying in fear] Then you, you're the Green Goose.
- Triple X: And you're a dead duck.
- [last lines; Fred runs away from Roberta and Mario]
- Betty Rubble: Rockello? Paisano? Ooh! What's going on?
- Wilma Flintstone: I don't know, but I have a feeling that Fred isn't going to forget his trip to Eurock in a hurry.
- Fred Flintstone: HELP! HELP!! SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!
- Roberta: Rockello! Come-a back!
- Mario: Hey, come-a back here, paisano!
- Fred Flintstone: HELP!!! HELP!!!!
- Roberta: Oh, we are going to get-a married!
- Mario: And-a going on a nice-a honeymoon!
- Fred Flintstone: [crying] HELP!!!! HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!!!
- Roberta: Rockello!
- Fred Flintstone: [last line of the film; shouting] WILMA!!!!!!!
- It's the Flintstones!...in their first full-length MUSICAL SPY ADVENTURE!
- The Flintstone's First Full-Length Comedy!
- 7 Sparkling New Songs!
- Their first full-length tune-full adventure!
- Would you believe?... Fred Flintstone as the super-secret agent who started it all back in 1,000,007 BC!
- See the slingshot-shoe! He stamps his foot and bye-bye spy! See the helicopter-hat! Spin the bone and away we go! See the beak-a-phone! Fred's secret recording device!
- Alan Reed as Fred Flintstone (singing provided by Henry Corden)
- Mel Blanc as Barney Rubble, Dino
- Jean Vander Pyl as Wilma Flintstone, Pebbles Flintstone
- Gerry Johnson as Betty Rubble
- Don Messick as Ali and Various Voices
- Janet Waldo as Roberta and Various Voices
- Paul Frees as Triple X, Green Goose, Bobo, Rock Slag, Mario
- Harvey Korman as Chief Boulder
- John Stephenson as George Slate and Various Voices
- June Foray as Tanya