The Million Dollar Hotel
- [Those are the words spoken by Tom Tom in the last scene of the film Million Dollar Hotel. Eloise walks into his bedroom, touches his things so to remember him. So to never forget him. She read book and sit in the window as he used to. In the background of Tom Toms' words is w:Bono singing song w:The Ground Beneath Her Feet with it's lyrics written by w:Salman Rushdie ]
- The heart is a sleeping beauty and love the only kiss it can't resist. Even if its eyes lay open wide, there is a heart that sleeps inside. And it's to there you must be hastening. For all hearts dream, they dream only of awakening.
- Wow, after I jumped it occurred to me, life is perfect, life is the best. It's full of magic, beauty, opportunity, and television, and surprises, lots of surprises, yeah. And then there's that stuff that everybody longs for, but they only real feel when it's gone. All that just kinda hit me. I guess you don't really see it all clearly when you're - ya know - alive.
- The truth is the explanation that most people want to buy.
Detective Skinner: No matter how strange or despicable you act, I can do one better, because I work for the government!
- Detective Skinner: Special Agent Skinner. I'm a detective.
- Dixie: You got some Oragel? This fucking cavity's going into my brain. Morphine, Motrin, Tylenol, anything? Come on, you call yourself a dentist?
- Detective Skinner: Detective. Teeth, gums, gingivitis are out of my line.
- Dixie: Since I wasn't officially in the band, you know how it goes, it ain't easy.
Detective Skinner: Yeah, sure. That's not exactly why I'm here. Israel Goldkiss was pushed from the roof. That makes you a suspect.
- Dixie: Jesus bleeding Christ! Are you paying attention? I'm talking The Beatles, here. The Fab Four. John understood. That's why they had him killed, you know? Now they're trying to kill me, because they finally realised who's behind all those songs. But I ain't seen no royalties.
- Detective Skinner: Yeah, that's tough. But either you cooperate, or I book you.
- Dixie: I've been doing nothing but cooperate my whole fucking life. That's what it's all about to be in a band. I'm not saying they weren't creatively involved... but most of the time, they were off with that Maharishi. You know, India, whatever, you know. There I was, all alone in the studio with my brilliant ideas... Thank God I had George Martin. George... Oh, that album in particular, we grew together like this, me and George.
- Eloise: So, why do you like me so much anyway?
- Tom Tom: I don't know.
- Eloise: Tom Tom, you know... you can't always say 'yes' or 'no' or 'I don't know'... you know... There must be a reason. And it would be nice to know what it is. So why don't you think about it and I'll wait.
- Tom Tom: Love can never be portrayed the same way as a tree or the sea, or any other mystery. It's the eyes, with which we see. It's the sinner in the saint. It's the light inside the paint.