The Muppets Take Manhattan
The Muppets Take Manhattan is a 2002 American musical comedy film directed by Frank Oz. It is the third of a series of live-action musical feature films starring Jim Henson's Muppets. The film was produced by Henson Associates and TriStar Pictures, and was filmed on location in New York City during the summer of 2001 and released theatrically the following summer. It was the first film to be directed solely by Oz (who also performs Sam the Eagle, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, and Animal), as he previously co-directed The Dark Crystal with Henson.
Kermit the Frog
- I'm staying! You hear that, New York? THE FROG IS STAYING!
- Hey, I tell you what it is. Big city, hmm? Live, work, huh? But not city only. Only peoples. Peoples is peoples. No is buildings. Is tomatoes, huh? Is peoples, is dancing, is music, is potatoes. So, peoples is peoples. Okay?
- Maybe we should add more special effects like exploding socks.
The Swedish Chef
- [the Swedish Chef is the popcorn vendor at a movie theatre showing a 3D film] Yaa da poppin' corn is... [throws popcorn in the air] 3D! Da corn is popping in your face inna... [throws popcorn in his own face] 3-D!
- Kermit's Doctor: [after contorting Kermit's legs, arm and mouth] No doubt about it; you've got amnesia.
- Rowlf: [after Mr. Skeffington is done talking baby talk to his dog] It's amazing. You speak Chinese like a native.
- [Masterson Rat is infatuated with Brooke Shields]
- Brooke Shields: Is something wrong?
- Masterson Rat: Do you believe in interspecies dating?
- Brooke Shields: Well, I've dated some rats before, if that's what you mean.
- [Masterson faints]
- Ronnie Crawford: Dad! Dad! I've got great news!
- [Bernard sees Kermit]
- Bernard Crawford: If you two are in love, I don't wanna know about it.
- Rizzo the Rat: What's this supposed to be?
- Pete: Is grits! Grits! Hominy grits!
- Rizzo the Rat: How should I know how many? Count 'em yourself.
- [Martin Price holds a gun on Gonzo's chicken]
- Martin Price: Get back of the chicken gets it!
- Police Officer: That's a threat?
- Policeman: Hey! Watch it!
- Kermit the Frog: Oh, sorry. I gonna get a contract so I can go out and kill 'em.
- Policeman: [dismissing his suspicion after a moment] Nahhhhh!
- Baby Kermit: [Muppet Babies, singing] She's gonna be a movie star. And she's gonna learn to drive a car; she's gonna be a vet'rinarian, too.
- Miss Piggy: [to Kermit] And I'm gonna always love you-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh!
- Fozzie Bear: Well, she's gonna be a singer, whoa-whoa-whoa!
- Scooter: And she's gonna learn to fly a plane!
- Rowlf: She'll be a doctor of diseases and help you with your sneezes...
- Gonzo: ...and practice neurosurgery on your brain!
- Louis Zorich - Pete
- Juliana Donald - Jenny
- Lonny Price - Ronnie Crawford
- Cheryl McFadden - Nancy
- Graham Brown - Mr. Wrightson
- Gary Tacon - Thief in Central Park
- Joe Jamrog - Police officer in Central Park
- Heather Henson - Beer hall serving girl
- Jim Henson - Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, The Swedish Chef, The Muppet Newsman, Waldorf, Ernie
- Frank Oz - Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle, Bert, Cookie Monster
- Jerry Nelson - Floyd Pepper, Crazy Harry, Pops, Lew Zealand, Bear
- Richard Hunt - Scooter, Statler, Bear, Janice and Beaker
- Dave Goelz - Bill the Frog, The Great Gonzo, Chester the Rat, Zoot, Penguin, Jim the Frog, Beauregard (scenes deleted), Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (scenes deleted)
- Steve Whitmire - Rizzo the Rat, Gill the Frog, Bear
- Bruce Edward Hall - Masterson the Rat, Beth Bear
- Kathryn Mullen - Jill the Frog
- Karen Prell - Yolanda the Rat, Frank the Dog
- Brian Muehl - Tattooey the Rat
Cameo guest stars
- Frances Bergen - Mr. Winesop's receptionist
- Art Carney - Bernard Crawford
- James Coco - Mr. Skeffington
- Dabney Coleman - Murray Plotsky/Martin Price
- Elliott Gould - a police officer
- Gregory Hines - a roller skater
- Mayor Edward I. Koch - himself
- John Landis - Leonard Winesop
- Linda Lavin - Kermit's doctor
- David Lazer - Sardi's customer
- Liza Minnelli - herself
- Joan Rivers - Eileen
- Vincent Sardi, Jr. - himself
- Brooke Shields - Pete's Diner patron