The Peanuts Movie
The Peanuts Movie (known in some countries as Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie) is a 2015 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Blue Sky Studios and distributed by 20th Century Fox, based on Charles M. Schulz's comic strip Peanuts. The film is directed by Steve Martino and written by Craig and Bryan Schulz (Schulz's son and grandson, respectively), and Cornelius Uliano. It is the fifth full-length feature film to be based on the comic, and the first feature film based on the characters in 35 years. It commemorates the 65th anniversary of the comic strip and 50th anniversary of the TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas, and was released on November 6, 2015. The film sees Charlie Brown trying to get the Little Red-Haired Girl to like him. The Peanuts Movie received positive reviews from critics and has earned over $49 million.
- Good grief.
- [to the Little Red-Haired Girl] Hi, I'm Brown Charlie. I mean, Barney Clown. I mean... [as he screams in fear while running]
- [to the Little Kid; about the Little Red-Haired Girl] Your heart pounds inside your chest. You try to stand, but your knees become weak. And then that Little Red-Haired Girl glances at you and all of life's possibilities become so clear. And then you realize, she has no idea you're alive.
- I got my kite! Today's the day! I can feel it!
- [after the residents made him heartbroken] Whenever I feel really alone, I just sit and stare into the night sky. I've always thought that one of those stars is my star, and at moments like this, I know that my star will always be there for me. Like a comfortable voice saying, "Don't give up, kid."
- Man's best friend.
- Here she comes. This is my chance to make a good impression.
- [after witnessing the Little Red-Haired Girl dancing] She likes to dance!
- [to Lucy van Pelt; about the Little Red-Haired Girl] She has a pretty face and pretty faces make me nervous.
- [to the Little Kid, who chases after his kite] You can do it! Don't give up!
- These cupcakes don't look half-bad, if I do say so myself. This time, I've come totally prepared. I couldn't have done it without you. The old Charlie Brown would still be lying in bed with a stomachache.
Lucy van Pelt
- You blockhead!
- What kind of a person tries to fly a kite in the middle of winter? Don't you ever know when to give up? You will never get that kite to fly. Why? Because you're Charlie Brown!
- [about the Little Red-Haired Girl] She's not that pretty.
- [to Snoopy] I oughta slug you.
- [after being licked in the face by Snoopy] I've been kissed by a dog!
- [after being kissed by Snoopy] Ugh! I got dog germs!
- My name is Calamity Sally, the best bronco-busting, lasso-roping cowgirl in this here town.
- Turn it down! Turn it down in there!
- [the residents reunite with Charlie Brown and Snoopy] Hey, big brother! I'm proud to be your little sister.
Linus van Pelt
- Hey, Charlie Brown. Still no luck, huh?
- Remember, it's the courage to continue that counts!
- Peppermint Patty: [referring to Snoopy] Whoa! Check out the moves on that funny-looking kid with a big nose!
- Marcie: Such a gentleman, Charles.
- Franklin Armstrong: Your sister is really dying out there.
- Violet Gray: [about Charlie Brown] Now, there's a guy who is going places.
- Patty: [about Pig-Pen] You know, I've always wanted to dance with Pig-Pen.
- Linus Pelt: What?
- Sally Brown: Ahh, my Sweet Babboo!
- Linus: Ah!
- Sally: Isn't he the cutest thing?
- Peppermint Patty: Yeehaw!
- Marcie: Careful, Sir!
- Peppermint Patty: Whoa!
- Marcie: Wha?
- Pigpen: Haha. Wha?
- Marcie: Whoa!
- Frieda: Watch the curls!
- Lucy van Pelt: [Looking at Schroeder] Hmmm.
- (Beep Beep)
- Miss Othmar: Wahh wahh wahh wahh.
- Franklin Armstrong: What? The new kid is joining our class.
- Schroeder: Wow, she's pretty.
- Lucy: She's not that pretty.
- Lucy: Franklin and Peppermint Patty are on my team!
- Sally: [Busts out of the door, holding her skates] Yay!
- Schroeder: I got my hockey stick!
- Franklin: I got my skates!
- Peppermint Patty: Who has the pucks?
- Patty: Looking sharp today, Pig-Pen!
- Pig-Pen: [arrives with a cloud of dust making Patty and Violet cough] Sorry I'm late.
- Violet: Eww!
- Pig-Pen: What's taking him so long?
- Kids: COME ON, CHARLIE BROWN!
- Lucy: Let me let you in on a little secret, Charlie Brown. If you really want to impress people, you need to show them you're a winner.
- Charlie Brown: A winner? Me? Lucy, you may be on to something!
- Lucy: Of course, when I say "you", you know I don't mean "you personally".
- Charlie Brown: I can't believe I'm about to talk to the Little Red-Haired Girl. [to Snoopy] It's moments like this when you need your faithful friend. [Charlie Brown walks up to the door, but hesitates as he sees a doorbell and walks away. Snoopy goes after him and pushes him back to the doorway] Yup. If there's one person you want at your side at a time like this, it's your loyal dog. Uhh... Uhhh... Ohhh. [as he is about to ring the doorbell, he sighs, then Snoopy also sighs, then Snoopy rings the doorbell] Aaaahhhhh!
- Little Red-Haired Girl: [opening her front door to find no one here] Hello? Hello? Hmm.
- Charlie Brown: [hiding in a tree bush] She said, "Hello!".
- Snoopy: Ehh...
- Charlie Brown: [thinking] (I just hope this new kid has never heard of me. He would know nothing of my past imperfections. It's not often you get the opportunity to start over with a clean state. This time things will be different.) [falls down a piece of wood of a fence, then the whole fence collapsed down]
- All: He did it! [they all run away]
- Lucy: Oh, Charlie Brown, I'll hold the football and you kick it.
- Charlie Brown: You say you'll hold it, but what you really mean is you'll pull it away and I'll land flat on my back and I'll kill myself.
- Lucy: But I feel I have really come to know you. I now understand that you are kind, compassionate, brave, and funny. No one would pull a football away from someone with all *those* qualities.
- Charlie Brown: [to himself] She's right. I would never pull a football away from someone with all those qualities. I'm gonna kick this ball all the way to the moon. [he starts running up and, as expected, Lucy pulls the football away from him] AAUGH! [lands on his back with a Wham!]
- Lucy: And gullible. I forgot to mention gullible.
- Charlie Brown: A dog doesn't try to give advice, or judge you; they just love you for who you are. It's nice to have someone who will just sit and listen to you.
- Snoopy: Zzzzzzz...
- Charlie Brown: Man's best friend.
- Ms. Othmar: Wah, wah, wahh.
- Kids: AWW! NOT ANOTHER BOOK REPORT!
- Linus: Time to pick our partners.
[While picking their partners, Violet is the first one being called by Miss Othmar and nervously walks up to the jar]
- Violet: No boys, no boys! Please...[She picks up a paper and opens it] Patty! Yes!
- Patty: All right!
[Then, Lucy is next to pick a partner as she tries to find a partner written in the cards]
- Lucy: [Picks a paper] Nope. [Picks up another one] Uh-uh. [Picks a paper] Yes! [Opens the paper] Schroeder! There's no denying it. It was written in the cards!
- Ms. Othmar: Wahh, wahh, wahh. [Charlie Brown walks up to class as the kids watch him and he starts to pick a paper, then opens it]
- Charlie Brown: The Little Red-Haired Girl! This must be my lucky day. She will see the new me! We can win each gold star! We can be the first kids to land on the moon. One small step for kids, one giant leap for Charlie Brown.
- Ms. Othmar: Wahh wahh wahh. [Kids laugh at Charlie Brown and Charlie Brown sighs]
- Little Kid: What are you in for?
- Charlie Brown: Have you ever had that feeling when you can't stop smiling? Your heart pounds inside your chest. You try to stand, but your knees become weak. And then that Little Red-Haired Girl glance at you and all of life's possibilities become so clear. And then you realize... she has no idea you're alive.
- Nurse: Wah, wah, wah.
- Charlie Brown: Why am I here? Inadequacy.
- Charlie Brown: You've got to help me, Linus! I'm not sure I can handle being partners with the Little Red-Haired Girl! How will I support her? I can't afford a mortgage! What if I'm put into escrow?
- Linus: Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can turn a book report into a lifelong commitment.
[At the Winter Dance]
- Patty: You know, I've always wanted to dance with Pig-Pen.
- Violet: Ugh, yuck!
[Pig-Pen dances confidentiality as Franklin looks at him]
- Sally: [to Lucy] Why isn't anyone dancing? It's called a "dance"! [Sees Linus]
- Linus: [gasps]
- Sally: Oh, Sweet Babboo!
- Linus: Oh, no. Here she comes.
- Sally: [pushes Linus] Someone needs to get this dance started.
- Linus: No!
- Charlie Brown: I got my kite! Today's the day! I can feel it!
- Patty: A kite? Today?
- Violet: In the middle of winter?
- Charlie Brown: Come on, guys!
- Franklin Armstrong: Only Charlie Brown.
- Sally: Can a brother and a sister get a divorce?
- Charlie Brown: Whenever I feel really alone, I just sit and stare into the night sky. I've always thought that one of those stars is *my* star, and at moments like this, I know that my star will always be there for me. Like a comfortable voice saying, "Don't give up, kid." [the star Charlie Brown is looking at literally falls from the sky]
- Lucy: No dogs!
- Charlie Brown: The whole world seems to be conspiring against me. I'm just asking for a little help for once in my life.
- Sally: Huh?
- Charlie Brown: She likes to dance!
- Sally: Ugh!
- Noah Schnapp as Charlie Brown
- Hadley Belle Miller as Lucy van Pelt
- Mariel Sheets as Sally Brown
- Alex Garfin as Linus van Pelt
- Francesca Angelucci Capaldi as Heather Wold (the Little Red-Haired Girl) and Frieda
- Venus Omega Schultheis as Peppermint Patty Reichardt
- Rebecca Bloom as Marcie
- Marelik "Mar Mar" Walker as Franklin Armstrong
- Noah Johnston as Schroeder
- Madisyn Shipman as Violet Gray
- Anastasia Bredikhina as Patty
- Micah Revelli as Little Kid
- AJ Teece as Pig-Pen
- William "Alex" Wunsch as Shermy
- Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews as Miss Othmar and Mrs. Little Red-Haired Girl
- Kristin Chenoweth as Fifi
- Bill Melendez as Snoopy and Woodstock (from archival recordings)
About The Peanuts Movie
- Its been an interesting journey. Craig Schulz and Brian Schulz (son and grandson of Charles), are producers and writers. They know the cadence and and language better than anybody. Charlie Brown would never say “Booyah!” or anything like that. We wanted a timeless story, so nothing to place it in any particular time. Same with the design of the rooms.
- Steve Martino "Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie – interview with director Steve Martino" by Cassam Looch, HEYUGUYS, Oct 30, 2015,