The Powerpuff Girls Movie
The Powerpuff Girls Movie is an American animated action-fantasy-comedy-drama film directed by series' creator Craig McCracken, produced by Cartoon Network Studios and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It was a prequel to the TV series, tells the origin story of how the Powerpuff Girls were created, and how Mojo Jojo became a supervillain.
- [first lines of the film]
- [A shot of the skyline of Townsville at night. Amidst the shadows and lighted windows of the skyscrapers, a light emanates from the center of the shot]
- Narrator: The city of Townsville... [an explosion is heard, and a red hue emanates down on Townsville streets. An alarm is heard in the distance.] ...is in some serious... serious... serious trouble! [Zoom in on a burning building, followed by a donut shop, and several other buildings. The alarm continues in the background.] Day after day, crime, lawlessness and evil are running rampant! It's citizens have lost all hope! They are utterly helpless and in desperate need of a true hero! But who? Is there no one who can help this forsaken town and make it a better place? [Transition to a long shot of a grocery store aisle, with light music background, as the Professor slowly walks into the scene, rising high above the camera.] Fear not, fair viewers. For there is a man, a man of science. A forward thinking man who looks back. Back to a sweeter time, when there was a spice to life and everything was... [Fuzzy Lumpkins, who goes unnamed in the movie, cocks a elephant gun at the distressed cashier woman] ...nice. [the woman nervously hands Fuzzy Lumpkins the money as he smiles evilly. The Professor looks on in sadness and slumps his back as he exits.] I must profess, sir, this man, holds the ingredients to Townsville’s salvation! [The professor looks back in fear, confronted by the imposing Gangreen Gang] This man known simply as... [Ace lands an punch to the Professor’s face, as the screen cuts to black.] ...the Professor.
- Professor: [impressed with the Girls' bedroom] Whoa! This looks pretty good. What do you think?
- Bubbles: Hmm...I think it's a little dark.
- Buttercup: Well, I like it dark.
- Blossom: Some windows might be nice.
- Professor: Yeah. I could see some windows right about... here. I'll call a contractor tomo-- [the girls create three circular holes in the wall with their laser vision] Or, heh, that works, too.
- Blossom: [after she and the other Girls punch Mojo Jojo in the jaw, saving a civilian.] Surrender now, and we'll go easy on you! [Mojo Jojo takes this in, rubbing his jaw, looking for the source of the interruption.] Down here!
- Mojo Jojo: Oh, my! You're actually trying to stop me? That's so cute!
- Bubbles: Try nothing!
- Blossom: We will stop you!
- Buttercup: Who are you calling "cute"?
- Mojo Jojo: [laughs mockingly] Okay, let's play!
- Bubbles: Do you think he's finished?
- Mojo Jojo: [Rising up behind the bus] No, but you are! [Mojo breathes fire on the girls. A following shot shows the girls, hands together, screaming in terror as the fiery flames scorch them badly. As the attack stops, the girls are still alive, but unconscious. Mojo grabs the scorched and powerless girls in one giant hand.]
- Mojo Jojo: Fools. You dare to challenge me, attempt to defeat me, try to destroy ME?! I, the one who saved you from certain death? After all I’ve done for you, you betray ME?! AND WHY?! For them? The ones who hated you, have forsaken you? Can’t you see? None of them can understand you as I can, for we are kindred spirits whose powers spring from the same source. So, Girls, do not make me destroy you! For we are smarter. We are stronger. We are invincible! We have the power! WE ARE SUPERIOR TO THEM! AND WE SHALL RULE!!! All we have to do is work together. Girls, join me.
- [At this, the girls' eyes spring open. They seem to think on this for a second, then their brows furrow as the air around them begins to rumble. Mojo looks concerned as the girls' magical energy grows. Suddenly, they magically break free from his grasp in a ball of light]
- Girls: [screaming in rage.] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! [they fly upwards]
- Blossom: We'd never join you! And it's because, we are stronger!
- Bubbles: Because, we are invincible!
- Buttercup: Because, WE HAVE THE POWER!
- Girls: WE HAVE TO PROTECT THEM FROM YOU!
- Blossom: IT'S YOU WHO SHOULD BE FEARED!
- Bubbles: 'CAUSE YOU ARE A MONSTER! [She smashes Mojo's dome, revealing his brains.]
- Buttercup: YOU ARE EVIL! [She manages to break a couple of his fanged teeth.]
- Girls: AND YOU! ARE... it!
- [This small tap knocks Mojo off balance, and flailing with one arm, the tower he is grasping with the other breaks apart, sending the super-sized simian screaming towards the ground, similar to the ending of King Kong.]
- Mojo Jojo: CURSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!
- Professor: [rapid talking] Girls! Girls, where are you?! You were right; We should try and stop Mojo and I know how! I whipped up an antidote to Chemical X; It will do away with his powers! Girls! Girls! Gir-- [looks upwards at the falling Mojo Jojo.]
- Girls: [alarmed] PROFESSOR!
- [the Girls save Professor as Mojo Jojo falls on the Antidote X, shrinking Mojo Jojo back to normal as he moans in pain.]
- Professor: Oh, girls! I'm so sorry for doubting you! You are good! Good, perfect little girls, and I love you!
- Girls: We love you, too!
- Blossom: And we're really sorry.
- Buttercup: We messed up really bad.
- Bubbles: But we're ready, Professor. [the girls hunch over the pool of liquid surrounding the prostate Mojo.]
- Professor: "Ready"?
- Blossom: To take the Antidote X to get rid of our powers.
- Bubbles: If it wasn't for them, none of this would have happened.
- Buttercup: Besides, maybe everyone would like us more if we were just normal little girls.
- Townspeople: [in unison; forming a large heart-shaped pattern.] NOOOOOOO!
- Girls: [looking up in confusion.] Huh?
- Mayor: [nervously; his arms folded behind him.] Um, well...uh... don't...do that, 'cause...eh, that was pretty cool, w-with...the, eh--
- Ms. Bellum: Girls, I think what the Mayor is trying to say is, we're sorry and thank you.
- Ms. Keane: Yes, that was super! Just super!
- Man #5: Amazing!
- Baby lady: Fantastic!
- Man #6: Wonderful!
- Jamaican Lady: Stupendous!
- Jay and Bob Look-Alikes: You rock!
- Dog: [first words] Thank you.
- [The girls stand in the midst of this, taking it all in, their faces ecstatically surprised and happy.]
- Man In Crowd: [cheering] I LOVE YOU!
- Mayor: [being overly expressive] Yeah! That was awesome! You were all flying, and running, and then [imitating laser blasts] laser eyes! Then, [growls] Bam! And then [laser blasts] and then bam! You punched that guy! Ehh, remember? [the girls nod in agreement and pity.] Yeah, that was great. Y'know, this town stinks. And I was wondering if maybe sometime we could like call you, to save the day, or...whatever.
- Girls: [gasp in happiness] Can we, Professor?
- Professor: Well, I don't know...hmm. Okay, but only if it's before your bedtime.
- Girls: Yaaaaaay! [They fly upwards in sheer exaltation, as the crowd cheers them below.]
- [last lines of the film]
- Narrator: Sugar! Spice! And everything nice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the prefect little girls. But, Professor Utonium accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction: Chemical X. Thus, Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup were born! Using their ultra superpowers, they dedicated their lives to fighting crime, and the forces of evil! And so, for the very first time, the day is saved, thanks to... The Powerpuff Girls! Hey, that’s a good name for them! Powerpuff Girls, yeah. I like that. Wonder if they will, I’ll run it by them. Powerpuff Girls! Mmm-hmm.
- We're not supposed to use our powers.
- See? There's a whole bunch of boxes.
- Come on girls, let's put an end to this gorilla warfare!
- We will stop you.
- We have to fix the problem we helped start. You said to give everyone a little time to understand our specialness. Well now it's time for everyone to understand. Especially Mojo.
- Good job, girls!
- I'm not fighting with you, Buttercup!
- You think they'll still be mad at us for playing tag?
- Get your hands off him, you darn dirty ape!
- Oh no! I've been infected!
- I don't want to sleep on a rock!
- I know! There's too many monkeys! What we can do...?
- For I, Mojo Jojo, have succeeded in my first, greatest, and most brilliant plan ever! And I, Mojo Jojo, shall be... KING OF THE PLANET OF THE APES!!!
- [as his army of monkeys argue over who is in charge] NOOOOOOO!!! Stop! Cease! Desist! Do not continue with your ramblings, for MY ramblings are the ramblings to be obeyed! For I am the king, supreme leader and all-around dictator! DON'T YOU SEE?! All you monkeys are my plan, so your plans are my plans because you made plans and my plan was to make you! I plan to rule the planet, not to have my plans plan to stop me! I AM YOUR CREATOR! I AM YOUR KING! I AM MOJO JOJO! [pushing the Professor] OBEY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
- [to Professor] SHUT UP!!! I was afraid of this. They’ve returned and found out what our powers can really do! [walks away] Come, YOU WILL MAKE A GOOD POWERPROOF VEST!
Unedited extended version
- [as his army of monkeys argue over who is in charge] NOOOOOOO!!! Stop! Cease! Desist! Do not continue with your ramblings, for MY ramblings are the ramblings to be obeyed! For I am the King, Supreme Leader, and all-round Dictator! For I am the Mastermind, the Genius, and all-around Visionary! It was I who made the original plan that set your plans into motion. DON'T YOU SEE? All of you monkeys are my plan! So your plans are my plans, because you made plans, and my plan was to make you! I never planned for my plans to make plans to stop my plans! I plan to rule the planet! Not to have my plans' plans to stop me! The planner of you! So stop! Cease! Desist! I AM YOUR CREATOR! I AM YOUR KING! I AM MOJO JOJO! [pushing the Professor] OBEY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!